DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Mavic pilots - Australia

Whoo woo, went for a drive to Fremantle today, picked up my first drone, Mavic Pro .
I did fly RC Model Aircraft (fixed wing) many years ago so not totally new to models, also got my Restricted Pilot License which has now long lapsed not having flown for near on 25 years.
Back in Pinjarra now with 3 flight batteries on charge along with the controller all on the Hub.
Looking forward to my first flight.
Cheers Neil

Whoo woo, went for a drive to Fremantle today, picked up my first drone, Mavic Pro .
I did fly RC Model Aircraft (fixed wing) many years ago so not totally new to models, also got my Restricted Pilot License which has now long lapsed not having flown for near on 25 years.
Back in Pinjarra now with 3 flight batteries on charge along with the controller all on the Hub.
Looking forward to my first flight.
Cheers Neil
Should be alright in Pinjarra but we've had quite a lot of military aircraft buzzing around mandurah this morning, just a heads up as they often go below 500ft
I normally head out to the beach but also north yunderup too

Reactions: Emu
welcome Emu, the guys at Freo will look after you I'm sure, enjoy your first flight with your Mavic.

Hi BB, have not seen you around here for a while but then I have been busy also, did some stuff last week with my mate across the road on his board at the dog beach just north of SH.

welcome Emu, the guys at Freo will look after you I'm sure, enjoy your first flight with your Mavic.

Hi BB, have not seen you around here for a while but then I have been busy also, did some stuff last week with my mate across the road on his board at the dog beach just north of SH.
Just been doing a lot of flying down this way, bit for SLSWA and trying to find a new job haha

Should be alright in Pinjarra but we've had quite a lot of military aircraft buzzing around mandurah this morning, just a heads up as they often go below 500ft
I normally head out to the beach but also north yunderup too
Thanks BB, I'll stay away from those big boys.
First question, I notice a 'buzzing' sound from the remote when it is powered on, is this normal?

Thanks BB, I'll stay away from those big boys.
First question, I notice a 'buzzing' sound from the remote when it is powered on, is this normal?

Yep, thats the internal fan, the remote has a heap of tech jammed in a very small package and needs a fan to keep cool

Hmmm, just turned mine on and no buzzing but there is a ding a ling sound and the connecting text is shown.

Oh no, somebody has stolen my fan ;)

strange I do not notice a fan sound

Last edited:
Sorry for being a pest, a question, I have been fiddling with some settings, camera mostly but I seem to have lost the 'engine start with sticks down' function.

I can touch the auto take-off button & the engines start & lifts off though.

Any ideas? Maybe I should return to Default Settings.

You're pulling them down and in to the center yes?

I found that if you created some custom setting for the sticks the engine start would be some other combination. Of the sticks. Ie one down and in and one up and out.

You are onto it I think. <brain fade> Just tried again, in & down & it worked d'oh.
Back to youtube, too windy to fly today.
wont hurt to practice take off and landing in a breeze, you don't have to fly too high, just a couple of meters up and down

I won't be so concerned about wind now but...the drone must worry, yesterday I got a beep & a message warning that strong wind had been detected & to fly carefully.

Stay away from buildings and trees if it is windy, I have that message now and again, if I think it is tooooo windy I go home.

Stay away from buildings and trees if it is windy, I have that message now and again, if I think it is tooooo windy I go home.
Me too, luckily I am only flying at home yet so that is easy.

Another question, I have noticed a plastic type tab high in the camera recess, above the camera. It is similar to the type that come in a gadget that has a watch battery, you pull it out & then the battery makes contact.

Should I leave this alone? I'm thinking yes.cam ribbon.jpg

if you remove it, it will start to scratch the part below, think it is there to protect it.

msinger was on here this week saying to leave it there and he know a lot about drones.

just found this video

Reactions: Tim M and Emu
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bertmag