DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Mavic pilots - Australia

I got the teeth and eyes from the same site, I think the teeth were $5 Aust plus $5 shipping, not cheap but they do look good IMHO :)

Hi guys!
I will be in Sydney for a few days in May (for leisure) and am thinking about taking the Mavic with me... Any opportunity to fly in the bay like I do in Hong Kong, or should I assume that it is strictly forbidden to fly anywhere close to the city center, even above water?

Thanks!

Hi guys!
I will be in Sydney for a few days in May (for leisure) and am thinking about taking the Mavic with me... Any opportunity to fly in the bay like I do in Hong Kong, or should I assume that it is strictly forbidden to fly anywhere close to the city center, even above water?

Thanks!
yep, harbour is no go

Hi everyone, new Mavic owner here.

Currently in the US but coming home soon, looking forward to flying it back home. Quick question, will it be fine to use an adapter for US plug to AUS? I see the charging pack says 100-240V im assuming this means i'll be ok?

Cheers.

welcome to the site, you will enjoy the help here, you will need plenty of batteries to fly it all the way from US ;)

sorry about that but I could not resist, I would think it ok to use an adaptor

Reactions: aresando and xperto

Currently in the US but coming home soon, looking forward to flying it back home. Quick question, will it be fine to use an adapter for US plug to AUS? I see the charging pack says 100-240V im assuming this means i'll be ok?

Cheers.
Just get a new power lead when you get back charger will work fine.

welcome to the site, you will enjoy the help here, you will need plenty of batteries to fly it all the way from US ;)

sorry about that but I could not resist, I would think it ok to use an adaptor

Yes it'd also be rather expensive with the amount of batteries!

Just get a new power lead when you get back charger will work fine.

I thought that might be the case. Cheers.

try an 8, I use 16 most of the time for sunny days or maybe 32 for extra bight days here in Aust.

Anyone running an IPhone 7 plus and getting the follow me to work (not getting the gps signal too weak issue?)

Yes, will be ok.

Cheers.
I bought mine in US and using it here in Qld now. No problems.

From the Hunter Valley NSW. Just got my Mavic this week. I have been messing around with using an iPad Air and flying FPV using Litchi and a pair of Stealth VR goggles. The attached photo shows my AnyGrip iPad holder attached to a piece of perspex which fits into the phone holder on the controller. You just have to make sure the normal phone cable is unplugged and you can connect the iPad via the USB in front of the normal phone location. In Litchi there is a VR option. The iPhone6S screen resolution is a bit grainy but FPV using the Stealth VR goggles which I got from EBGames is good fun.AnyGrip.JPG

Hi all.
I was wondering what video settings were the best generally for Aus. A lot of the reviews i see relate to the US. Should we be on PAL as a start or NTSC to get more FPS?
Ta
Renno

I love this and the music was great thanks for sharing 69fps slowed down for lightning could have been fun maybe??

That's unreal, I would be wary about the storm screwing with the Mavic's electronics but it paid off this time.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mini2+