DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Mavic pilots - Australia

I'm from the Blue Mountains just out of Sydney. The Mavic will be my first off the shelf drone and I'm exited about this one. Been building my own (Multiwii then Pixhawk) up until now.
Ordered from Rise Above on the 11th Oct. Got an email from them on Friday.
"We've been notified by DJI that due to the high demand for the Mavic Pro, there have been further delays on delivery. Currently, no other dealer in Australia has stock or incoming shipment of the DJI Mavic Pro.
Delivery of the DJI Mavic Pro will be delayed for all Australian customers and dealers nationwide, however again we have been assured that we will still be at the top of the queue to receive the Mavic Pro shipment in Australia. We will update you again as soon as we have more information or an estimated shipping date."
Hoping it won't be dragging out tooo long.

I bet they are telling all of the retailers that they are at the top of the list, we are all in a waiting list wait and unfortunately there is nothing we can do about it, other than cancel our orders, and I will not be doing that, hope you get your Mavic soon.

worked out to $63.00 AUD yes a cardboard one would be cheaper but I wanted a solid one, and please remember the price of cardboard is going up all the time :);)

Mine arrived yesterday, flown twice and absolutely love it. Anyone on the Sunshine Coast up for a fly this weekend?

Great video , I've been fixed to this Mavic forum , hanging to get one .
Living at Caloundra on the sunny Coast. Any of you opt for the DJI insurance?

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

I decided not to get the care plan, just take a chance IMHO

I'm usually all for insurance, but haven't bought the care plan. Then again, with riseabove apparently not having any idea when their shipment of mavics will arrive, I've got plenty of time to reconsider buying coverage...

Sent from my HTC_0PJA10 using MavicPilots mobile app

I'm usually all for insurance, but haven't bought the care plan. Then again, with riseabove apparently not having any idea when their shipment of mavics will arrive, I've got plenty of time to reconsider buying coverage...

Rise Above have really annoyed me with their customer service, and my pre-order.

Model Flight in South Australia have started distributing orders and they not onced commented as a retailer that they are "at the top of the list". Whereas Rise Above mention it all the time and still... nothing.

Are you sure model flight have started distributing. At least someone is getting them. I ordered through sphere.net.au and heard nothing except sometime in the next 8 weeks.

Sent from my SM-T805Y using Tapatalk

Are you sure model flight have started distributing. At least someone is getting them. I ordered through sphere.net.au and heard nothing except sometime in the next 8 weeks.

Sent from my SM-T805Y using Tapatalk
Yeah, several sources have confirmed.

Rise Above have really annoyed me with their customer service, and my pre-order.

Model Flight in South Australia have started distributing orders and they not onced commented as a retailer that they are "at the top of the list". Whereas Rise Above mention it all the time and still... nothing.
I haven't heard a peep from riseabove since I paid my deposit in mid Oct. They're supposedly a tier one dealer, and, even with Model Flight and at least one dealer in NZ now shipping, riseabove can't seem to get any mavics?

Model Flight's website shows an EDD of 21 Nov - I'll contact riseabove and if they still have no information, I'll go with MF..

Justin

I haven't heard a peep from riseabove since I paid my deposit in mid Oct. They're supposedly a tier one dealer, and, even with Model Flight and at least one dealer in NZ now shipping, riseabove can't seem to get any mavics?

Model Flight's website shows an EDD of 21 Nov - I'll contact riseabove and if they still have no information, I'll go with MF..

Justin

I plan to do the same. The annoying thing is if I have to move to Model Flight too then I'm back to the end of the line.

I'm not mad at the delay, frustrated at how it's been handled. They've taken my money and then given radio silence. Let me know what you come up with if you contact them.

Interesting to hear, might give elk fish another call to see how it's sitting

Be careful. When Modelflight say they are getting some in it probably means they are getting a 'delivery'. I have read some dealer in the US have had deliveries but when they ordered 100 they only got 10.
My order is with RiseAbove and I ordered the minute their website listed them. They ordered 100 from DJI. There's no way DJI will ship them 100. DJI would rather satisfy their direct order customers first. Think about it. DJI get more profit from direct orders than from dealers. Love to hear from what RiseAbove have to say but I guess it'll be 'We have still had no confirmation from DJI about delivery date'
The moment they have a confirmed date I'm sure they will contact all the customers who are going to have their order fulfilled. And that won't be 100 customers for sure. More like 10 :)

This ^^^ but I bet more than 100 people have ordered too yet they still claim it's all good

the dealers outside of DJI are the meat in the sandwich and are on the waiting list imho, so do not go off at your at your dealer, as has been said before I would think that DJI would ship their direct customers first.

So I just chatted with Jason at Modelflight. He said that their first shipment has sold out, and that they wouldn't be able to supply more until early December. I was thinking that, like RiseAbove, they don't have a clue when their first shipment is arriving (or how many it will contain), so are now saying that the first shipment is sold out, but Jason says they've already started sending mavics to their customers. So, I'm either going to keep my order at RA and place another order with MF or keep my order at RA and not also order with MF. As has already been stated, it's a bit weird if the 'tier one' RA hasn't started shipping, but other resellers have...

I think first in, best dress also applies to dealers.
There are some small businesses that have distributed Mavics.

but Jason says they've already started sending mavics to their customers

Wow. Dealers in Aus have shipments. Maybe Riseabove did get some and I was not one of the lucky 5 out of the 100 pre-orders who have had theirs shipped. I'm giving RA a ring now.

Wow. Dealers in Aus have shipments. Maybe Riseabove did get some and I was not one of the lucky 5 out of the 100 pre-orders who have had theirs shipped. I'm giving RA a ring now.
Was just about to call them myself let us know what bs they give you

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
calezu