DJI Mavic Pro for sale, Brighton or Worthing, UK.

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by Pedro, Nov 30, 2016.

1. Pedro

Pedro Well-Known Member

My other pre-order arrived today, base version, still sealed, untouched.

UK supplier, will provide invoice for warranty but unregistered with DJI yet.

Open to realistic offers, cash on collection or bank transfer only..

Attached Files:

2. Fear345

Fear345 Active Member

Are you willing to post? by realistic are you thinking more than retail price?

3. Fear345

Fear345 Active Member

Will you take £1100 plus delivery?

4. Pedro

Pedro Well-Known Member

Market rate, happy to post when paid for but no Paypal.

5. Fear345

Fear345 Active Member

6. Pedro

Pedro Well-Known Member

Hmm, nice first post here, thanks so much for your valuable input.

I was simply giving options as equally, who in their right mind would sell anything like this using Paypal.

7. Fear345

Fear345 Active Member

How about my offer?

8. Pedro

Pedro Well-Known Member

Well I wasn't asking you nor was anybody else. I really didn't want to do this publicly but what the ****.

So in your perfect world, how would you do this then? You have a spare Mavic that anybody could sell on eBay for an instant profit. You offer me list price, I sell it to you and you immediately stick it on eBay for a profit.. How would you dispose of this to a stranger on here (that's what we all are on here after all) to avoid that happening?

I am not some Mavic resourcing facility for the benefit of all, I happened to manage to get a spare Mavic after shelling out for it months ago now and would be more than happy to sell it to somebody on here but not at a price that they can simply turn a profit themselves after I've done all the legwork. See the predicament?

There are dozens on here that have been sold at a premium, I guess I was the lucky one you singled out for your self righteous pompous garbage.

Mahoosiv likes this.
  9. EyeofRa

EyeofRa Member

Wow this guy is salty as ****. Are you going to retire with that extra $400?

rpjacobs likes this.
  10. Pedro

Pedro Well-Known Member

Hmm, probably not but I was thinking that I might go on a cruise though if the Mavic police will let me spend my illicit earnings..

11. EyeofRa

EyeofRa Member

Ok that was funny

rpjacobs likes this.
  12. rpjacobs

rpjacobs Member

Thanks, patiently waiting for my Mavic to arrive so thought I'd join the forum, appreicate your compliment on my first post.

Did you really just ask a question without a question mark? Right...

Seeing as PayPal offer both buyer and seller protection for the price of £1 I think that everyone in their right mind would rather that.

After all, as you stated, we're all strangers...

13. EyeofRa

EyeofRa Member

Listen everyone, since we can't trust paypal I think everyone should use me as a third party. Send all your Mavics and money to me and I will make sure everything is fair.

rpjacobs likes this.
  14. Mahoosiv

Mahoosiv Well-Known Member

I think the issue is more that Paypal tend to favour the buyer over the seller, so it been proven that (and its happened to me) you send something in good faith and a dispute is raised which inevitably ends up with you having to refund the costs and lose the goods.

15. EyeofRa

EyeofRa Member

This is true unless you have a good track record with ebay or paypal, like a business. It might take a little while but Paypal does offer seller protection if you have developed a history with them. In my field lots of people use paypal for selling high end watches, people try to scam them but paypal does them right most of the time. Credit cards on the other hand I lost a bunch of money accepting.

16. rpjacobs

rpjacobs Member

Yeah I totally get that fair point. But as long as you spend a little money on tracked postage, keep proof etc the seller will be in the clear.

Still 4,000,000 times safer than just transferring money into some bank account.

17. Pedro

Pedro Well-Known Member

Absolutely, unless you've been on the wrong end of Paypal you won't know but it is so buyer biased, it's untrue.. I would never sell anything of any value using Paypal.

18. Fear345

Fear345 Active Member

Me personally.

Scenario 1. If I was in a generous mood I would sell it on here for the price I paid for it, making sure the buyer paid all postage expenses. I would make sure the buyer would have been on here and made posts referencing on how they had been trying to buy one with no luck and not just someone with very little post looking to make cash.

Scenario 2. (which I would probably most likely do) sell it on eBay for a profit.

19. Pedro

Pedro Well-Known Member

Unfortunately, not so.. It's not proof of delivery that's the issue, it's when somebody changes their mind, makes up a false claim that something is wrong, lodges a claim with PP and bang, PP support the buyer, hold your funds or even withdraw the money and you have nowhere to go with it.

Welcome to the forum btw! :)

20. EyeofRa

EyeofRa Member

I don't think it's wrong for him to offer it at a premium if the forum allows it, it's better that we get first swing at it. That being said if it's a stupid price then it's not cool.