DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Mavic Pro getting warm (infrared video)

Not really. The Mavic Pro converts energy from the battery into mechanical motion. That creates heat. The motors are obviously hot and the entire body is a heatsink for the motor speed controllers. It looks cool but it is normal

My mavic have very hot back aluminium(where sensors) before flight up. Its normal?
Are your mavic hot?

As an EE my rule of thumb is if can you comfortably leave your thumb/touch on the circuit. If so your likely ok if not its probly too hot. This is typically around the 60 to 70 *C range. Common practice when firing up a new breadborded circut for the first time was to quickly touch all if the ICs; I got a few minor burns this way but it did keep the "smoke" in a few TTL chips.

My Mavic also Get varm/hot. Should it need to speed up the fans, If i just have it turned On sitting On the table. I guess transferring the video to the controller gets the unit warm enough to crank up the fans!?

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

My Mavic also Get varm/hot. Should it need to speed up the fans, If i just have it turned On sitting On the table. I guess transferring the video to the controller gets the unit warm enough to crank up the fans!?

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Yes this is normal activity.

My mavic have very hot back aluminium(where sensors) before flight up. Its normal?
Are your mavic hot?

Yes this is normal.

I guess define very hot. No part of my Mavic is too hot to touch even after benching testing camera settings for 30 minutes.

I think relative temperature is what is messing with peoples brains. Yes it feels really hot if your outside in 10 deg temps and touch a 104 deg drone. But in the summer going from 90 deg to touching a 130 deg drone is not going to give you same feeling of it being super hot.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Allezzov