DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Mavic Pro, It followed me on my motorcycle

Deckyon

Reactions
I should probably preface this with "Don't Try This At Home." Lacking someone to press the buttons, I set up the Mavic to track me on my motorcycle. In short, it worked, albeit I had to keep it slow. Again, I set the focus on me, not to infinity. Any issues with color or focus is all on me, not the drone. This thing is going to be a BLAST to shoot with.

Reactions: Mike_Flys and dam
Haha love it, @Deckyon Thumbswayup Driving and "flying" at its best. Did those branches scare you at the very end? Looked like it was getting a little close.

Reactions: Mike_Flys
What color profile did you use? What were the picture/video settings? Someone should do a walkthrough with the different settings on a nice sunny day in a colorful area.

I was in D-Log, with style at -2,-3,-2, everything else was automatic. When I took off, before hitting record, I focused on myself, not infinity. I was about 10 feet away or so, and that distance varied throughout, but I think it did fairly well overall.

I need a lot more practice, and someplace more open before I start trying to have it track beside me - I think that would require more input during flight than I could give while riding. I was trying not to drop the controller or the bike.

I should probably preface this with "Don't Try This At Home." Lacking someone to press the buttons, I set up the Mavic to track me on my motorcycle. In short, it worked, albeit I had to keep it slow. Again, I set the focus on me, not to infinity. Any issues with color or focus is all on me, not the drone. This thing is going to be a BLAST to shoot with.

You are having too much fun with this.
Thanks for sharing.

I have already answered this.

It was a bit soft some of the time so that's why some are asking about it. When you focus on a nearby object and the the distance changes even a little, the focus can go off. It would probably be better to have the bird a bit further away to reduce the focus issue as the distance varies.

Brian

I had to set and forget, it was not the easiest holding the remote AND riding the motorcycle.

No problem, not a lot of choice in the matter as your first responsibility is piloting the bike. I will have to see ho the autofocus function works and whether or not it would be useful in a situation like this.

Brian

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gfusato