DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Mavic Pro RC Stick Guard - Photos

Deckyon

Reactions
https://flic.kr/s/aHskHSrEpK

This just came from Shapeways.com. I found the model to 3D print, but not having a printer, I had to find a service. I was nervous about leaving the sticks unprotected while on inside the small DJI bag. This little device has been working great. It looks and feels good.

I will have to dig the model out from a folder at home if anyone else is looking to get something like this. Send me a message (do not just reply here). It cost me $10 and change to have printed and shipped. If you shop around or have access to a printer, then even better.

Nothing against the guard but since the sticks do not use POTS (Potentiometers) and are magnetic what does it matter if the sticks move in the bag?

Nothing against the guard but since the sticks do not use POTS (Potentiometers) and are magnetic what does it matter if the sticks move in the bag?
Probably doesn't but if a $10 item protects your $1000 investment, it's worth it.

I bought one of these off eBay https://www.ebay.ca/itm/152332257848
I bought one of those cases for Samsung VR glasses someone had posted on here that just barely fits the Mavic and controller, so I figure I should protect the sticks and screen. I wanted to go for the smallest case possible so I could make the most of the Mavic's portability and put it in a backpack.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Edit: still waiting on my drone though so I can't say how great a fit this stuff is yet

There are plenty of these things, but this one is light, strong, and with the 2 bags I am using, it is working out the best. I will try and get a photo of it in the bags on the RC when I get home, the lighting here is terrible. I feel much better with this on the sticks than I did before. I dont feel the need to want a case to protect the remote in a bag, this does a great job. And like I said, it is only a few grams, so adds next to nothing for weight.

I don't get how these protect the joy sticks. Can't they still move around but together since they technically are attached, and then it puts stress on them?

I bought one of these off eBay https://www.ebay.ca/itm/152332257848
I bought one of those cases for Samsung VR glasses someone had posted on here that just barely fits the Mavic and controller, so I figure I should protect the sticks and screen. I wanted to go for the smallest case possible so I could make the most of the Mavic's portability and put it in a backpack.

Edit: still waiting on my drone though so I can't say how great a fit this stuff is yet

Update: now that I have my Mavic I found that those stick guards take a considerable amount of pressure to put on and take off. I figure it does more harm than good, and also makes my drone and remote not fit in the little case I bought. If anyone in the Victoria, BC area wants to give it a try it's all yours.

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

I don't get how these protect the joy sticks. Can't they still move around but together since they technically are attached, and then it puts stress on them?

No. When fully into position they do not move. BUT...
I bought these and they are total crap...
s-l1600.jpg

If they would stay in postion it would be great, but toss it into a bag and much movement they will just fall off. They are press fit. There is a tiny bit of rubber on the controller sticks that hold it in place, but there isn't enough grip too hold them in place very well. Total waste of money as far as I'm concerned.
I'm thinking about getting this instead...
s-l1600.jpg

It offers some screen protection and appears to have a small slit in the center that would accommodate an elastic velcro strap to hold it onto the controller. Anyone have this one? I might go ahead and get it and try it out....

s-l1600.jpg

If they would stay in postion it would be great, but toss it into a bag and much movement they will just fall off. They are press fit. There is a tiny bit of rubber on the controller sticks that hold it in place, but there isn't enough grip too hold them in place very well. Total waste of money as far as I'm concerned.
s-l1600.jpg

It offers some screen protection and appears to have a small slit in the center that would accommodate an elastic velcro strap to hold it onto the controller. Anyone have this one? I might go ahead and get it and try it out....

I have the first ones you posted and they work great - very snug and allow no stick movement. I purchased them off a random eBay seller. I guess you were unlucky.

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

Yes, see my post above. They're so snug I worry it will cause damage putting them on and off.

I would avoid the second one you mention. It actually moves with the sticks and interferes with the 5 way button putting stress on it in a lateral motion.

A water noodle cut in half, easy to cut and to drill for the joysticks... and helps to protect the screen too.
I also put a dot of Sugru moldable glue onto the sport switch to make it easier to access. When my iPad mini is inserted into the arms they use to make moving the switch difficult.
_DSC7751-aa.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Vilco and Tomdog
I would avoid the second one you mention. It actually moves with the sticks and interferes with the 5 way button putting stress on it in a lateral motion.

Not if you use a velcro strap through the slit, and also the back plate has rubber to protect the screen and give some friction. Think it's one of the better solutions i have seen till date.

Not if you use a velcro strap through the slit, and also the back plate has rubber to protect the screen and give some friction. Think it's one of the better solutions i have seen till date.
Of course! The earlier ones did not have a slit for a strap and or rubber on the plate. I guess they overcame the issues :)

I cut the part of the box the mavic controller came it out with a razor blade and use it as a controller protector

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
flyingthe405