DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Osmo Mobile

Malfius

Reactions
Do any of you Mavic peeps have any experience with the Osmo Mobile ?? I'm thinking of treating myself in March.
I'll be using my iPhone 7.
Any good/bad stories ?

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

I don't have the Mobile, but I've got the DJI Osmo. I think the stabilisation system is the same for both of them, and I'm very happy with mine....Recommended.

Reactions: Malfius
Check out my YouTube channel I just posted my "review" (loosely interpreted) of the Osmo Mobile yesterday.

Just search for Dave's World ep 3 Osmo Mobile on YouTube.

Check out some of my family videos to see the results. I had absolutely zero experience shooting or editing any kind of video before getting the Osmo. So far I have done everything exclusively by using my smartphone.

After reading the horror stories of indoor flight, I think the Osmo Mobile is a great substitute for indoor video.

I've had my MP since mid January. I had no problems since learning how to fly it.

I also own the Osmo Mobile, and use it with the iPhone 7. The Osmo is great and works perfectly with my iPhone 7. I've had no problems balancing the iPhone on the Osmo as some people have reported. I have the Apple leather case for the phone. I just leave the case attached to the phone when mounted. It balances perfectly.

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

Reactions: CStone and Malfius
I've had my MP since mid January. I had no problems since learning how to fly it.

I also own the Osmo Mobile, and use it with the iPhone 7. The Osmo is great and works perfectly with my iPhone 7. I've had no problems balancing the iPhone on the Osmo as some people have reported. I have the Apple leather case for the phone. I just leave the case attached to the phone when mounted. It balances perfectly.

There have been reports of iPhone 7 OIS causing problems to Osmo. Have you experienced any issues?

There have been reports of iPhone 7 OIS causing problems to Osmo. Have you experienced any issues?

Been running my OSMO for months with no issues on my I Phone 7. My only complaint is the osmo is too big. I don't enjoy carrying it around and really using it.

Thanks for all the feedback, I'm pretty sure I'll be getting one next month :)

I have unboxed OSMO Mobile and included a complete walkthrough including the different settings in the DJI GO App. The video covers all from unboxing, connecting OSMO to your phone, operating the OSMO and making your first test footage. Further, the video shows real life the different recording opinion like time-lapse, motion time-lapse, panorama pictures, motion tracking, and 3x3 matrix photos.

Watching this video will give you a good impression about OSMO Mobile and what it can do for your phone recordings make them look more cinematic.

Do any of you Mavic peeps have any experience with the Osmo Mobile ?? I'm thinking of treating myself in March.
Any good/bad stories ?

I have the Osmo. But let's not stop there. I also have the Mobile. Why? Because, if you buy the Osmo, you can then buy just the Mobile head and swap them. BUT, if you buy a Mobile, you CANNOT buy an Osmo head and put it on. Why? I don't know. Marketing I guess?

Anyway, my recommendation is to have the best of both worlds for a few extra bucks. The head alone is $169 for the Mobile at DJI online store. I stopped in to the local DJI store and ended up walking out with a lot of extras that make my Osmo/Mobile a thing of beauty and ease to use.

Anyway, I like the ability to have 4k video as well as just be able to use my phone when I don't care about video quality. Just something to consider:
Buy Osmo | DJI Store (OSMO)
Osmo - Zenmuse M1 | DJI Store (Mobile head only)

Reactions: hanshaw
Any good/bad stories ?

Ive had the osmo mobile for a wile now. It's always in our camera bag ever since we got it.
Sure at times it can be a bit awkward at times but we never regret taking it along after we review the pictures and video we captured.

My wife uses it the most with her iPhone 7 plus and we can not report any issues with the Onboard stabilization what so ever.
I use the iPhone 7 and same deal.
If it were a problem, the ProCam app allows you to shut off image stabilization, but again it's not necessary.

Love the Osmo Mobile and the iPhone 7. Both together make a great couple.

Reactions: CStone
If you plan to use it while walking or for action sports I highly recommend the z axis which eliminate the vertical bounce. Other key kit for me is an external mic Rode VideoMic is great for in front of the phone and any inexpensive lav mic if you want to interview someone or narrate a scene without doing it in post. It's an enormous step up for live streaming.

If you plan to use it while walking or for action sports I highly recommend the z axis which eliminate the vertical bounce. Other key kit for me is an external mic Rode VideoMic is great for in front of the phone and any inexpensive lav mic if you want to interview someone or narrate a scene without doing it in post. It's an enormous step up for live streaming.

Honestly in my opinion the z axis it just plane awkward to use and I find that the Mic build into the phone is more then satisfactory for armature video's.

If you that serious to the point that you are worried about audio quality and the z axis, then I would consider getting a ronin

Honestly in my opinion the z axis it just plane awkward to use and I find that the Mic build into the phone is more then satisfactory for armature video's.

If you that serious to the point that you are worried about audio quality and the z axis, then I would consider getting a ronin

I do digital work professionally but there is no reason you can't achieve quality results with a good piece of kit like the Osmo mobile. The biggest problem with mobile audio is that mic faces the shooter and not the subject and it's a simple fix with a mic. You paid $300 bucks for steady cam, get in your pocket for a $40 mic and be a hero.

Personally, I don't freehand with the x axis that often, preferring to use an edelkrone pocket rig but when I do I shoot at a lower angle to extend the weight and make is less top heavy. It's easier to control at 40 degrees than 90 degrees.

Check out my YouTube channel I just posted my "review" (loosely interpreted) of the Osmo Mobile yesterday.

Just search for Dave's World FileZilla Malwarebytes Rufus ep 3 Osmo Mobile on YouTube.

Check out some of my family videos to see the results. I had absolutely zero experience shooting or editing any kind of video before getting the Osmo. So far I have done everything exclusively by using my smartphone.

After reading the horror stories of indoor flight, I think the Osmo Mobile is a great substitute for indoor video.

Last edited:

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbj5143