DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Refresh or Standalone Insurance

R_DRONEFLYER

Reactions
Good Afternoon,

A quick question which is suited to this part of the forum I hope... In the UK would it be worth getting DJI Refresh or are there any insurance companies which cover Hobby Drone Flyers... As I know accidents can happen, any help will be appreciated!

Search the forum. This has been covered numerous times

I have tried to search the forum but it seem it has come up so much it is very hard to find recommendations, Also I have googled it but it is once again more a post about recommendations not just numerous companies!

Check your home insurance and ask them how it would be covered by personal possessions away from your home.

My Aviva policy covers items up to £2,000 and also covers personal liability if drone causes damage.

I called to specifically ask if there were any exclusions for drones and quite the opposite. They are definitely covered.

Seen others say LV are similar.

Reactions: Tim59
Check your home insurance and ask them how it would be covered by personal possessions away from your home.

My Aviva policy covers items up to £2,000 and also covers personal liability if drone causes damage.

I called to specifically ask if there were any exclusions for drones and quite the opposite. They are definitely covered.

Seen others say LV are similar.

Yep, i've just switched my home insurance to Aviva specifically for the drone cover, it worked out about £4 a month more than i was paying.

Reactions: Tim59 and gavcuk
Yep, i've just switched my home insurance to Aviva specifically for the drone cover, it worked out about £4 a month more than i was paying.
this is interesting, ive just got my drone (not even flown it yet) i currently have Aviva insurance, did you need to tell them or is this just a standard in their out of home policy ? thanks.

I call to change policy to Aviva and asked about drones specifically, to clarify and give me peace of mind. I have seen on here a member has had written confirmation from Aviva. Drone would be covered under unspecified items up to 2k outside the home .. hope that helps

It was me who had the written clarification concerning drones...

Dear Wesley

Thanks for your email.

Provided the drone is pedestrian controlled (e.g remote controlled), they are automatically covered under the personal belongings section of our polices. These only need to be specified if they exceed £2000

Personal Liability under the Contents section automatically provides legal liability for damage or injury caused by these items.

The Civil Aviation Authority has regulations in place for drones (or UAV’s - Unmanned Aerial Vehicles), which you should comply with. If you require further information regarding these regulations, please refer to the civil aviation authority website which is www.caa.co.uk.

If the drone is carrying attachments, for example a camera this would be classed as a separate item and would therefore need to be covered under the relevant section. For example if a camera has been attached this would be covered under unspecified personal belongings and would only need to be specified if over the single article limit as above or used for business use.

Business use requests will be considered on a case by case basis. This would need to be referred to our underwriters.

Any other queries, please don't hesitate to contact me or one of the team again.

Regards,

David

E-Comm Customer Advisor

Aviva Insurance

Reactions: gavcuk and scooot
Even though your home insurance may cover the loss of your drone, it also makes a "black mark" on your coverage. And a few of these can increase the cost of your home insurance policy. My own home insurance has a $1,000 deductible that would be deducted from the drone loss. So check your deductible!
Perhaps better to have another company insure your drone so as not to interfere with your home policy?

Here is one I found just by googling drone insurance UK.

UAV & Drone Insurance
Did you click on the link in my post?

It's interesting what a Google search can turn up as sometimes it's not relevant despite the search terms. The link you provided seems to have picked up on the "drone insurance" bit of the search terms but not the "UK" bit. The link posted is a US company which I think would not be willing, or legally allowed, to provide insurance services in the UK. So, sadly, of no use to the OP's original request!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wendystroper