DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Repairs still fast!

TRP

Reactions
Sent in my Mavic last week, DJI received it today at 1:20 and damage was assessed and quoted by 2:44. Seems like their repair process is still quite speedy. They just need to send me the invoice asap so I can get this thing back up in the air!

Reactions: skypros
It is very quick indeed. Once they recieved the package, the quote was one day and I paid same day, repaired and shipped next day. UPS delivery date is next wednesday so not bad at all.

Ditto- my Mavic was delivered yesterday to DJI. One thing that they did not mention were the broken propellers and shipping back to me.

upload_2017-1-5_17-52-52.png

Reactions: Johnnyaibo
Keep in mind guys that if you have DJI Care you get "priority."
I had the same quick turnaround, and according to the rep I talked to that was partially due to my DJI Care status.

So it would probably be helpful to state whether or not you have DJI care.

They are fast!! Waiting for UPS was the slow part for me.

I originally sent it repair because my gimbal didn't go up and down because I had a light crash indoor. I sent in only the Mavic and remote with no props or battery. They concluded it was not a manufacture issue (they were spot on. Didn't state in RMA I crashed) and it would cost $67 to repair. When I opened the box the gave me new props, controller and Mavic. So really they didn't repair it, but just gave me a replacement Mavic.

Excited I got it back. Now I can fly outside since Obama has left the island.

upload_2017-1-5_17-56-20.png

Last edited:
Less than 2 weeks turnaround time for me even over the Christmas holiday. I did not have the DJI Care Refresh so that did not seem to be a factor. I also received several emails within hours of them receiving the Mavic stating what they determined and the new one was shipped same day but took a few days to deliver 3 states away.

I sent my mavic in to fix the blur that many people have had. UPS delivered it to the facility on Thursday and Friday I received the quotation for a new gimbal. They also said that it will be repaired under warranty. Is there anyway to request a new drone to speed up the repair process because I am leaving the country the 20th of January and need it back before then? Because it states that the repair process takes 3-4 business days which I dont have. Have already applied for air shipping on the return trip and expedited repair. Anyone also know what the cost of expedited repair is by chance?

I flew mine into a tree, and had to knock it down (with a Phantom 1); broke the left front arm and dislodged the gimbal. I used their website to inquire about repairs; they sent me a shipping label and I shipped it to Carson. Got back an invoice by email, quoting almost $500 for the repair:
Item Quantity Unit Price(USD) Total Price(USD)
Mavic 8330 Quick-release Folding Propellers 1 9.00 9.00
Front Left Motor Arm 1 22.00 22.00
Back Right Motor Arm 1 19.00 19.00
Intelligent Flight Battery 1 89.00 89.00
Middle Frame 1 4.00 4.00
Front Right Motor Arm 1 22.00 22.00
Top Cover 1 1.00 1.00
Mavic Pro Gimbal & Camera 1 179.00 179.00
Back Left Motor Arm 1 19.00 19.00
Service Charge 2 65.00/H 130.00
Freight: 0.00
Total Amount: 494.00
DJI Care deduction: 0.00
Total Payment: 494.00

I didn't send the battery, or any of the props--it's like nobody even looked at it, they just pulled a quote out of their ***.

Ordered my Mav Nov. 4th. Finally arrived Jan 19th and had a dead left joy stick. Arrived back in their shop Jan 21st. "Verified" Jan 27th whateverTF that means? And still hasn't moved an inch. Beyond irritated. Not a dji care member. If they try to charge me for a "repair" I'm done. I'll take my money elsewhere

Sent mine in for warranty and it took three weeks. Then they didn't return the USB-C cable so now I can't even easily fly the thing.

What sort of repairs are you guys sending it back for?

Crashed mine & tore the camera off the gimble, think the arms folded & the prop caught it. Total time 10 days. Bit disappointed though, seemed only thing it needed was the camera/gimble assembly replaced. I was quoted & charged for all four arms & a replacement battery as well. Total just short of $500. They didn't make any repairs but sent a replacement & my original battery back. On the invoice it even states the same serial number on the battery. I've contacted them but haven't heard back yet. I felt like the repair time was good but excessive repairs.

Mine had a defective gimbal from the factory that caused jello video. They send me a brand new one but it took three weeks.

For $ 99 bucks you can fly it and crash it like you stole it and get it repaired (new one) for another $ 99 bucks ? Worth it all day long...... and then you get a second one for $ 179......

It is if you figure on crashing it. I have a claim pending with my credit card, it's suppose to be covered since I used it for the purchase. If that claim covers it then that's a better deal. DJI refresh is only good for 1yr as well.

I flew mine into a tree, and had to knock it down (with a Phantom 1); broke the left front arm and dislodged the gimbal. I used their website to inquire about repairs; they sent me a shipping label and I shipped it to Carson. Got back an invoice by email, quoting almost $500 for the repair:
Item Quantity Unit Price(USD) Total Price(USD)
Mavic 8330 Quick-release Folding Propellers 1 9.00 9.00
Front Left Motor Arm 1 22.00 22.00
Back Right Motor Arm 1 19.00 19.00
Intelligent Flight Battery 1 89.00 89.00
Middle Frame 1 4.00 4.00
Front Right Motor Arm 1 22.00 22.00
Top Cover 1 1.00 1.00
Mavic Pro Gimbal & Camera 1 179.00 179.00
Back Left Motor Arm 1 19.00 19.00
Service Charge 2 65.00/H 130.00
Freight: 0.00
Total Amount: 494.00
DJI Care deduction: 0.00
Total Payment: 494.00

I didn't send the battery, or any of the props--it's like nobody even looked at it, they just pulled a quote out of their ***.

How long did you get your Mavic back from the day the repairs started? This is the exact quote i got as well.

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

Not even a choice in my mind. Faulty gimbal replaced in 7 days.

Mavic - North Bay, CA

I would disagree, the actual repair process is very fast, what they need to work on is their shipping and receiving department. My mavic has been out for 3 weeks now, 4 days of that time were the only actually repair the rest of the time that DJI has had my mavic it has been waiting for them to actually, receive the drone even though UPS showed that the drone had delivered more then a week ago.

it also took them a week to send it back after the repair was complete.

not over night UPS ground

It is if you figure on crashing it. I have a claim pending with my credit card, it's suppose to be covered since I used it for the purchase. If that claim covers it then that's a better deal. DJI refresh is only good for 1yr as well.
What credit did you use?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000