DJI - Seize The Moment - May 24, 2017

msinger

DJI Drone Expert
Approved Vendor
Premium Pilot
Reactions
Site
mavichelp.com
It must be a new quadcopter. The DJI Spark perhaps?

They are definitely pushing the hype, for sure a consumer thing, small ... I feel they will call it Mavic Mini

Did you catch that in the video? It flashes "size... seize" the moment.

They say: "your world is about to become a 'little' BIGGER", little the size of the drone BIG the perspectives. That phrase is clearly for people that never owned a drone before. The world "little" is emphasized by the fact that is written in a particularly small size.

Reactions: HHH and deansta
Hand launching, must be the inevitable Spark that they should have announced on April 23 instead of the Ronin (and making me wait 2 hours for nothing).

Curious though that after the people in the video launched it they were waving bye bye with no controller or smart phone in their hands. Who was flying it?

Im gonna pass on this event and wait to see when the Spark will actually be available for preorder, and then the accompanying wait times, delays and promises from DJI.

yes, but I will not be sure the name is going to be "Spark", the label on the photos shows MM as opposite to M1P for the Mavic and M1S for the arriving Mavic Standard. I will not be surprised if they will present two products. That will definitely be a smart move to seize the market!

Reactions: timiniafrica
Yes, I saw the quick "size" before the seize. Typical DJI. And to see it fly through the little hole in the stack of books I'm guessing it will be the Spark. Don't know a lot of the FACTS yet but I'm certainly interested.

There is also another thing that I have been noticing :colors! Colors in the Seize the moment ribbons and colors in some of the Spark or Mini leaked photos.

yes, but I will not be sure the name is going to be "Spark", the label on the photos shows MM as opposite to M1P for the Mavic and M1S for the arriving Mavic Standard. I will not be surprised if they will present two products. That will definitely be a smart move to seize the market!

MM = Mavic Munchkin?

Reactions: PaoloOne
Curious though that after the people in the video launched it they were waving bye bye with no controller or smart phone in their hands. Who was flying it?
Probably nobody. Wouldn't be surprised if was meant to be the "real" selfie drone you can just launch and let do its thing like many have previously attempted without getting just quite there, at least as one of its abilities.

Reactions: Former Member
Probably nobody. Wouldn't be surprised if was meant to be the "real" selfie drone you can just launch and let do its thing like many have previously attempted without getting just quite there, at least as one of its abilities.

But how does it respond? Automatic follow me mode?

But how does it respond? Automatic follow me mode?
I believe it could be like the Yuneec Breeze, which is a wifi/cellphone drone and has several flying modes on the app, including follow me, orbit, etc. Also has a pilot mode, where you control the drone with the onscreen virtual sticks. I believe they releasd an actual controller for the Breeze now.

But my point being, it might be just a wifi/cellphone drone with modes similar to the Breeze. Which of course would limit it's flying distance capabilities. I believe even the Mavic only flies 80 meters in wifi mode without the controller.

Someone did a freeze frame of the teaser video on YouTube, and in one of the pics, you can see a girl holding a tablet, standing around with 4 other people. So like I said, it may be a wifi only drone.

Active track-like object and gesture recognition most likely... You launch it looking at you like in the video so it knows its subject and moves around a bit at close distance.
From the other shots there are obviously modes with more control, but indeed everything seems to have been shot at wifi range.

I'm sure it wont be a Mavic killer, they established the Mavic and want people to still buy it, plus they will improve on it later on because it is its own line of aircraft. This just starts a new line, not one to replace the Mavic, they want you to buy both not have a reason to replace the Mavic.

If it's less than half a pound, does that mean drone regulations do not apply?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
petravka