DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI - Seize The Moment - May 24, 2017

The sales from DJI Shanghai said it will not be called a spark... They also said that it will be available for children meaning it will be a toy like selfie drone. That's all I got.

Also... (maybe not DJI) but companies in China seems to create drones which are lesser than 250grams to avoid registrations. 242g as mentioned by the news. That's too little.

The sales from DJI Shanghai said it will not be called a spark... They also said that it will be available for children meaning it will be a toy like selfie drone. That's all I got.

I think that despite what DJI claims, no drone is suitable for children unless supervised by an adult. We will see what the packaging says, "For ages ... and older."

If they are designing it to be used by children and older folks, I hope they will have a slew of repair parts along with it's release. Children tend to crash things alot more than us adults, and the Spark will not be a toy like an Air Hog. If you think repair times are excessive now at DJI, wait till these "children" start crashing their sparks.

If you think repair times are excessive now at DJI, wait till these "children" start crashing their sparks.
This could be a great business opportunity for you ;)

Reactions: draxler_17
This could be a great business opportunity for you ;)

Thanks for the thought. It could be a great opportunity, but if it takes me 2 or 3 months after release for me to start getting parts, I wont be able to assist anyone!

I think DJI will have their repair hands full with this one. I wonder how much they will charge for Refresh? $49 $59? My guess is that a vast majority of crashes will be due to adolescent operator error. :)

It does look very sturdy though, so maybe only broken props for most people, and I bet the props will be $6.99 for a set of 2.

It could be a great opportunity, but if it takes me 2 or 3 months after release for me to start getting parts, I wont be able to assist anyone!
That didn't seem to stop you with the Mavic. People have been coming to your for parts that cannot be bought for some time now.

That didn't seem to stop you with the Mavic. People have been coming to your for parts that cannot be bought for some time now.

I appreciate your enthusiasm. We'll see how generous DJI is with spare parts for the Spark (or whatever their new drone is called). If they dont release many spare parts, I will do as I did with the Mavics. Beg, borrow and steal as many new ones as I can get my hands on for repairing peoples birds who didnt have Refresh or other insurance.

3 more days until the Seize The Moment event. Not sure why Im getting excited now, whereas before I was indifferent. I guess Im letting my expectations get the better of my common sense.

Anyone else starting to get excited?

3 more days until the Seize The Moment event. Not sure why Im getting excited now, whereas before I was indifferent. I guess Im letting my expectations get the better of my common sense.

Anyone else starting to get excited?
I'm not really excited just curious.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54