AuthenTech's DJI Spark review:

Last edited:
CopterTube's review of the DJI Spark flight modes:

Last edited:
Reactions: Former Member
Tom's Tech Time DJI Spark review:

Last edited:
The live DJI event in NYC:

It certainly saves a purpose, it may even be a very hot Christmas item due to its price. it's just not all that interesting for people who already own a Mavic. It's half the price with half the features.

The positives for me are size and the fact that it's low priced yet retains the features of a real drone, not a toy drone.

The downside is the fact that I cannot believe they did not figure out how to fold the arms. That would have made the package so small you could have literally put it in your pocket.

I am also a bit worried about this "Shallow depth of field" feature. It sounds good for shooting portraits but for shooting scenery it sounds like a poor choice of lenses.

Overall I guess it will appeal to those who want a simpler drone or have less money to spend on a drone.

One question that seems to be unanswered. Do you get the Remote for that $500 price tag or is it sold separately. If its separate that makes the price a lot closer to a Mavic.

Rob

Last edited:
Reactions: Former Member
Well now we know, Its a selfie drone. But then that's kind of what everybody figured it was. I'm sure it will impress. It Looks cool but for $500 I don't see myself buying one but then I have 2 Mavic's. Hard to predict whether it will do well or not. They are targeting a consumer that is less drone savvy than us old timers.

I am also a bit worried about this "Shallow depth of field" feature. It sounds good for shooting portraits but for shooting scenery it sounds like a poor choice of lenses.
Certainly not a lens choice but a selectable post-process blur like cameras have had for years.

iJustine's DJI Spark review:

Reactions: JD4x4
What I want to know is whether you can use Mavic's remote controller with it. Can you?
I'm buying it regardless. Having a flying camera under 500gram means that it will not have same restrictions as heavier drones. You could fly where you wouldn't be able to fly a Mavic. Above crowds for example.

One question that seems to be unanswered. Do you get the Remote for that $500 price tag or is it sold separately. If its separate that makes the price a lot closer to a Mavic.

Reactions: hanshaw
Do you get the Remote for that $500 price tag or is it sold separately.
You must buy the Fly More Combo if you want the remote controller.

DJI sells the remote controller separately here for $149, but it's not available yet. It doesn't really make sense to buy it separately though since the Fly More Combo is only $50 more than the price of the remote controller.

Reactions: hanshaw and Robbyg
Wow this thing is really crippled in the EU compared to the Mavic. The range is only 300-500m in Europe :(

Reactions: Capra Vecinului
What I want to know is whether you can use Mavic's remote controller with it. Can you?
I'm buying it regardless. Having a flying camera under 500gram means that it will not have same restrictions as heavier drones. You could fly where you wouldn't be able to fly a Mavic. Above crowds for example.

Too bad they couldn't lose another 50g. That's the first thing I looked up, but in Canada the drone restrictions start for drones above 250g.

iPhonedo's DJI Spark review:

My favorite quote from this video:
"Propellers are ridiculously fast spinning breakfast knives, so be careful"

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gadget61