DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

dji still no update for shipping

Best Buy seems to have absolutely no idea what's going on. One day it seems that they'll have them in a couple days and the next day they say they have no idea. A friend of my who works at Best Buy says there is absolutely no way of knowing for sure. I would never order a drone from a big box store like Best Buy. First off you have to pay sales tax and also you get absolutely zero service if you need help. There are certain things you buy at Best Buy and DRONES ARE NOT ONE OF THEM in my opinion.
Best Buy seems to have absolutely no idea what's going on. One day it seems that they'll have them in a couple days and the next day they say they have no idea. A friend of my who works at Best Buy says there is absolutely no way of knowing for sure. I would never order a drone from a big box store like Best Buy. First off you have to pay sales tax and also you get absolutely zero service if you need help. There are certain things you buy at Best Buy and DRONES ARE NOT ONE OF THEM in my opinion.
Instead you get a brand new drone within 45 days.
15 days at the least.

Exchange or you can return for full money back . What's so bad about that?

crap! I really need to stop reading these forums ;)

thanks to this thread, I have now also ordered a Mavic flyless from Best Buy for Oct 31 delivery (supposedly)

That makes it my 3rd Mavic pre-order lol. First two were both Mavic flymore pre-orders on 9/27 from B&H and Amazon. I'm figuring that if neither of those flymore pre-orders don't ship by the end of the week due to flymore combos being delayed as rumored, then hopefully Best Buy will at least deliver a Mavic flyless on monday. We'll see...

When I checked BB a few days ago they had none so I put in a request to send me an email when I could order one. Yesterday I got an email and could have preordered it if I wanted to.(posted the link in that humongous preorder note) After maybe an hour it said I was too late and it was not available for preorder. Today I got another email stating it was available again and I have played with it during the day, putting it in my cart and going to checkout but I never did get it as I don't even have a phone that will work with it and I plan to buy from Amazon later. But I have seen it not being available and now it is available. Possibly they are getting a bunch as they say it will be shipped. I have no idea if they are saving any for the BMs or if they can sell them all online they will do that. I don't know. But it will be interesting to see if they actually come through but being the fact they were not available and now they are I would like to believe they will be able to deliver it.

I tried contacting DJI sales support today to get a confirmation/denial about the Fly More bundle being delayed longer than regular Mavic orders. First time, after I typed in the question, I sat there for 3 minutes, and the the 'person' on the other end (Lui was supposedly the name) they disconnected.

I was able to get back into a chat window, same person responded. This time they told me they had no info about when my order would ship, and when I mentioned I was only seeking clarity on the rumor of additional delays on the Fly More, they told me to email the sales support team and promptly closed the chat.

-10 points for customer service, DJI. Is it so hard to simply keep your customers informed? At least be truthful about the status of things. I'm guessing we'll tolerate waiting, it's just good business to keep us informed.

Okay, rant complete.

My experience when the first Bebop came out was that it was buggy as hell. I got it via Best Buy and went through no less than 3 exchanges (four individual drones) because of major issues it had. With BB, I was able to go into the store directly and exchange it. With Best Buy, I got all my money back when I gave up on that platform. Yeah there's sales tax, but I can say that its a faster return than any online dealer.

Fine.
You want to play this game DJI, I can play too.
Ordered another from Best Buy and will cancel which ever doesn't arrive first. Tired of this last come, first served crap. But instead of canceling I think I'll return to Best Buy the second to arrive and get my tax back.

Oh yea **** Liu with a ten years stick for his customer service. I called him out on some things he said from previous chats that conflict and he disconnected.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Reactions: AgentBB007
I see now that if you want it 10/31 from BB you have to pay for 2 day shipping. They have free standard shipping still available for free but you don't get it til 1 day later 01-Nov.

I ordered one from BB today too. I seriously doubt I get it on the October 31 tho. Just doesn't seem possible.

So, who has done a pre-order for anything from BB in the past? What is their routine? If this is going to happen shouldn't we see our status change to shipped by at least this Friday?

I ordered one 2 days ago from BB and delivery states 10/30 as well. I tried calling them but they just kept saying it will get to me 10/30

Received a response from DJI Online Sales support today and wanted to share. I had inquired about the rumors of longer delays for the Fly More bundles. Here's what I received this evening:

We’d like to let you know that Mavic Pro Fly More Combos are now shipping according to payment sequence.We know you’re eager to get your Mavic Pros into the air. We are moving as rapidly as possible to make that happen.

So I'm feeling (cautiously) optimistic that those like me who ordered the Fly More won't have an extra wait, beyond the regular pre-order order.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada