DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI to restrict non-compliant drones at next software update

Status
Not open for further replies.

mw174620

Reactions
I feel like this is something that is constantly discussed on these forums and this is worrying to me. Does anyone have more info on this? Are they saying those that had already upgraded to .700 will be restricted if they don't do the next updated coming?

The biggest concern to me, is the accuracy of DJI's data. I live in a suburb of Dallas and live in one of the only clear airspace areas around me. There is a very narrow corridor through Plano leading towards Frisco that is clear for drone flight, but just outside these areas are (3) airports including DFW, Love Field and Addison airports. The app is constantly throwing up NFZ limit on my controller and not letting me take off. I have to restart the drone and app usually to get it to be cleared, then it just says "Airspace Warning". I understand I am within 20nm of a major airport (DFW), so there is restricted airspace, but it is so far above the 400ft. limit I stick to, even as a hobby pilot.

Here is the link:

DJI to restrict non-compliant drones at next software update - sUAS News - The Business of Drones

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000