DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Tracking Antenna

Robbyg

Reactions
I see DJI is releasing a Tracktenna that should work with the Mavic. I am not sure if I heard the correct price but it sounded like he said $999.

Sounds like it's going to be a wireless booster to give the drones an 8 mile range but what eludes me is what drone does DJI make that has the battery power support to make a 16 mile flight? Are upgraded batteries in the pipe line also?

Rob

Reactions: deanbuxton
At the live event they said it supported with all the transmission modes including Ocusync, I think it works just fine with the Mavic.

BTW it's a directional antenna that is motorized. It gets GPS info from the craft and keeps the antenna pointed at the craft as it flies.

Rob

As i understood, Tracktenna gets it's information where to point the antennas from either the new Cendence controller or 'older' RC's which have a CAN-BUS outlet. (i.e. Inspire series)
Telemetry info (such as current position and height of the aircraft) will be received by the controllers and then fed to Tracktenna.

I am not sure how a Mavic RC will be connected to the system.

At the live event they said it supported with all the transmission modes including Ocusync, I think it works just fine with the Mavic.

BTW it's a directional antenna that is motorized. It gets GPS info from the craft and keeps the antenna pointed at the craft as it flies.

DJI - The World Leader in Camera Drones/Quadcopters for Aerial Photography

It plugs into the Cendence's CAN port (possibly supported by some older controllers, but not the Mavic's), and the Cendence is for Inspire 2 and Matrice 200 (as of writing). It is OcuSync capable, which ultimately means it may be compatible with the Mavic (despite the fact that the Cendence offers gimbal control and the Mavic does not).

Considering the Cendence is modular, adding OcuSync support is just futureproofing. Saying it supports the Mavic because the Mavic is currently DJI's newest drone (and the only one with OcuSync) is just silly.

Your last paragraph 180's on itself y
DJI - The World Leader in Camera Drones/Quadcopters for Aerial Photography

Considering the Cendence is modular, adding OcuSync support is just futureproofing. Saying it supports the Mavic because the Mavic is currently DJI's newest drone (and the only one with OcuSync) is just silly.

That last statement kind of 180's on itself in terms of logic but it really does not matter to me one way or the other since it costs $1K.

Rob

I see DJI is releasing a Tracktenna that should work with the Mavic. I am not sure if I heard the correct price but it sounded like he said $999.

Sounds like it's going to be a wireless booster to give the drones an 8 mile range but what eludes me is what drone does DJI make that has the battery power support to make a 16 mile flight? Are upgraded batteries in the pipe line also?

Rob

Maybe for new drone with hot swap batteries that was just announced on Sunday?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Michael N