DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI's 7 to 8 weeks on backorders

Dronebow

Reactions
Ok so I'm a bit confused on DJI's statement about fulfilling all their orders in 7 to 8 weeks. Does that mean from the date of purchase or from the date of the announcement? I have to say, I'm getting very anxious now. Not that I wasn't anxious before but this is getting to be frustrating. My order was on October 2nd.

Thoughts?

It's from the date when they released the statement (11/3). They are now processing orders from 9/30. So my guess is your 10/2 order will be shipped soon, probably in a few weeks.

My order was placed on 9/29 and I haven't heard a peep about anything being shipped to me.
Mine has been shipped today, ordered on the morning of the 28th, so you must be close.. No email confirmation though, I just checked the DJI site..

My order was via Amazon/Koozam. Not DJI. I assume their statement was also inclusive of their resellers.

Ordered mine on koozam/Amazon on 10/4 fly more package ... I just hope I get it before end of December since I got it specifically for a January trip... Would be happier to get it by end of this month!

Ordered mine on koozam/Amazon on 10/4 fly more package ... I just hope I get it before end of December since I got it specifically for a January trip... Would be happier to get it by end of this month!
Yeah, I thought surely I would have mine before a small trip with the Boy Scouts on the weekend of Nov 18th but I'm seriously doubting if this will happen by then. Hopefully I'll have it before the Colorado trip to Colorado Springs for Christmas. I'm anxious to fly the Royal Gorge.

Reactions: DesertMavic
It's from the date when they released the statement (11/3). They are now processing orders from 9/30. So my guess is your 10/2 order will be shipped soon, probably in a few weeks.
I ordered on 10/2 also, but with the fly more package. Hope I get mine soon.

Fly more packages ordered direct from DJI are still on the 28th so they have only fulfilled the 1st 24 hours of pre-orders.

Hang in there Walt Rush, mine was ordered on same day as yours @ 9.15 pm. Got it this Monday pm and I live in Ireland. You'll soon forget the anxiety, it's all that it's cracked up to be, and then some!

Sent from my HUAWEI SCL-L01 using MavicPilots mobile app

Hang in there Walt Rush, mine was ordered on same day as yours @ 9.15 pm. Got it this Monday pm and I live in Ireland. You'll soon forget the anxiety, it's all that it's cracked up to be, and then some!

Sent from my HUAWEI SCL-L01 using MavicPilots mobile app

Important to note that orders not to the US are shipping at a different pace, orders placed at the same time where one was to US and the other to another country could ship week or weeks apart.

If the order status update I received from Amazon today is accurate then we're not talking about a 7-8 week delay but closer to 3 months. Seems unlikely, but as mentioned in other threads on this it appears that DJI is shifting there output to supply the major retailers with stock so they can sell to new custmers during the Christmas season and figure they have the pre-order / early order folks over a barrel and can defer shipping to them until after Christmas. Sucks if true. Possibly an FTC violation if true.

Brian

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DOM112