DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Do Mavic Boxes have any exterior serial numbers?

Swancoat

Reactions
Does anyone know if the Packaging for the Mavic Pro has a serial number or any other kind of unique identifier on the outside of the box?

Reason: I had a couple of pre-orders... Best Buy finally shipped to me today, so I went to cancel from DJI, and they shipped as well. I'll clearly return the Best Buy one (paid sales tax on it, and Best Buy is pretty close to my house).

BUT, my Best Buy shipment is likely to get here first. So I want to open it and use it, and then when the DJI package arrives, just cart it over to Best Buy to return it.

Any issue with this?

Yes they do have the s/n on the outside not to say that it would have been scanned however with most places warranty service I would bet it has and is registered against your purchase.

I would just wait, it will only take a few days to get to you from DJI.

EDIT: Or simply sell it on eBay and (don't be overly greedy) but make a few dollars not to mention sell it at cost to someone desperately wanting to get hold of one on here or another forum...

Yes they do. This is for in case you lost your bird, you can still get the SN from the box for claim from DJI.

A lot of scams on CL this time of year, had a guy robbed in the Safeway parking lot the other day, and $1400 is a big draw for the perps. My local Police has a 'safe' CL swap area at the Police Station, under camera with cops coming and going, seems to work well.

So it looks like my DJI shipped one is going to be 4 days after my BB Mavic (and importantly AFTER the weekend). I want to play with it on the weekend so I think I'm going to open up this Best Buy one and return the DJI one TO Best Buy. If that doesn't work... I'll just dump it on Craigslist.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shandilya