DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Do most Mavic owners fly with a tablet or with their phones?

lou1947

Reactions
I fly my Phantom with my iPad mini and find the screen on the iPhone to small. Is using the iPad mini with the Mavic controller a problem? I hear that its kind of awkward.

I use my previous phone which has a 6.44in screen which is a good balance as it gives a decent screen size but not too big. I don't use my current phone (Galaxy Note 4) as it just crashes with DJI GO4 and I can wipe the old phone and just have DJI Go on it to reduce the chance of anything interfering.

I usually fly with my iPhone 7. I have a bunch of tablets that I can wedge into the remote controller, but I don't like how it feels when I hold the remote controller like that.

Same here, I have tablets but they just don't feel very good to fly with and they are heavy. I use a dedicated iPhone 6+ and that is perfect for now.

First I was flying with a Moto X (2nd gen) then with a S7 Edge and now with iPad mini 4. By far iOS devices are perfect for flying. The bigger the screen the better your experience.

The use of a mount for the mini is not indispensable, but recommended.

With Phantom 3 and 4 I almost always fly with my tablet - Nexus 9. I've done that with the Mavic and it's nice but usually I just use my phone, either Nexus 5x and Samsung S5. Quicker and easier to setup. If I had a iPad Mini 4 or similarly sized tablet that worked in the RC without an adapter I might use that but the phone is really good enough.

I started flying with a Samsung S7 Edge but had compatibility issues until the March FW update. I purchased a Samsung Tab S2 and love it! It is bulkier and I use a powerbank to prevent the tablet from pulling power from the controller. (Android cable issue that needs a patch!) I bought a case that holds everything including the car charger, three extra batteries, cables and my tablet. eI always have my phone with me and can fly using if required. When I can I use the Samsung Tab S2.

I first flew with the iPhone 6, but migrated to the 7+ for bigger screen and battery.
I've been very happy with it and never need to see more than I already see.
My only concern is that in bright sunlight, seeing details is an issue, but strangely I'm not in that situation often.

I also got some Android tablets for the purpose of using larger screens, but everyone here complains about the reliability of the Andriod DJI app, so I am afraid to even use it. I guess if I can't get buy with the 7+ and maybe a sun shade, I'll look for an iPad mini.

It is bulkier and I use a powerbank to prevent the tablet from pulling power from the controller. (Android cable issue that needs a patch!).
Robert, could you please elaborate (or take a picture) on how you connect the powerbank? Thanks.

For outdoor application better to use super-amoled screen. whatever the brand is.

It seems that the Mavic pro camera lens is not as much of a wide angle lens as the P4. Wondering if that was done so the objects appear closer and easier to see when flying with a phone rather than with a tablet. It seems that all the video comparisons between the Mavic and the P4 show the video images more magnified than with the P4 or P3. Any thoughts?

I want portability, that's for Mavic was created. For so I use one OnePlus 3, 5.5 amoled screen.

I fly my Phantom with my iPad mini and find the screen on the iPhone to small. Is using the iPad mini with the Mavic controller a problem? I hear that its kind of awkward.

Started out with the Ipad mini but since I got 2 small 3-d printed adapters for my Ipad Pro 9.7 this is what I am using.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gadget61