DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DO NOT REGISTER YOUR DRONE HERE - IT IS NOT THE FAA SITE

PropPilot

Reactions
DON'T REGISTER HERE - IT IS NOT THE FAA OFFICIAL SITE

Drone Registration

This third party site comes up at the top of a Google search. They charge $ 25 dollars to go and do a $ 5 dollar registration on your behalf with the FAA.

This is the official site

sUAS Registration

Hey, whoever runs the site is clever because they are making 'money for nothing' however it is deceptive and the word needs to go around the drone community.

The site is NOT a SCAM. It is legitimate from the aspect that it DOES process your application for the drone registration for you for $ 24.99.

Save $ 20 bucks and go to the FAA site and enter your details directly and instantly get your registration.

Reactions: jerryflah
Man that is just Shady! Can those XXXXXXXX be reported? Wow

Sent from [emoji211]

Last edited by a moderator:
Well....nothing actually wrong with what they are doing. It does get the job done, no fraud, just a $ 20 handling fee. They are not using any deceptive branding or otherwise. They just paid to do a Google search ranking and the unknowing end up on their site actually doing the right thing but putting $ 20 a pop into this persons pocket. Left brain says 'creative' and right brain says 'deceptive' so all we can do is inform....

Reactions: jdcntulsa
Maybe this should be stickied at the top?

I think if you look at the license provided by this company it is for a 3 year registration. So their fee is really just $10. The site looks official and I am sure they are. They are quick to respond to any questions but, somehow it feels like you are just giving money away.

I think if you look at the license provided by this company it is for a 3 year registration. So their fee is really just $10. The site looks official and I am sure they are. They are quick to respond to any questions but, somehow it feels like you are just giving money away.
The standard FAA registration is 3 years as well, so if that one is 3 years then it is a $20 fee

Thank you. I appreciate your response. I was one of those suckers for sure then. Oh well. It was a year ago on one of my first drones. Have learned a few things since then. I hope...

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

I just transitioned to the mavic from my phantom 3. Do I maintain the same registration # or do I need to obtain a second one ?

I just transitioned to the mavic from my phantom 3. Do I maintain the same registration # or do I need to obtain a second one ?
You use the same number. The FAA registers you. Not the aircraft.

Hey all - Good info and yes, I agree, I wish I had thought of it first. But then again, it is shady and I wouldn't actually do something like this. I like to sleep at night. Ha ha!

Question - I registered during the free time. I was provided a registration number. I've heard people discussing the "N" number for their aircraft. Uh...since I registered, I looked at my profile and as a hobbyist, it only shows my registration number. I am familiar with full scale and N numbers. My registration number is NOT an "N". It's just FA3RXXXXXX. Yes, I put x's in there. Does this look correct? Am I in compliance? I think I am. Can't find anywhere that I am not.

My registration number is NOT an "N". It's just FA3RXXXXXX. Yes, I put x's in there. Does this look correct? Am I in compliance?
You are in compliance if you're flying as a hobbyist.

Reactions: JGhost
I went there too and realized it was a scam.....or some other scam site. I had to take a short test and they wanted a serial # and $25.

I couldn't understand why so many people are getting sucked into these scams until I googled "drone registration".

I had to scroll down on my phone before I got to the real one that costs 5 bucks:

sUAS Registration

Again - If you're flying for recreation in the U.S. you are registering You, not the drone. You put the same number on each of your drones that are 0.55 pounds or larger.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mini2+