DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Do skins affect GPS?

JoshuaCarlton

Reactions
I have never really been interested in changing the color of my Mavic, but recently I discovered a skin that looks like leather, giving the Mavic a nice vintage camera look, I am thinking about ordering it but just wanted to ask here if anyone has noticed any sort of interference with skins. Thanks:)

With the caveat that almost anything will likely have some negative performance on GPS... I wouldn't think a thin skin should affect the signal in any amount that is noticeable. As long as the skin isn't conductive / isn't too thick I wouldn't worry about it.

If you are really worried then just leave the area behind the battery compartment (near the DJI logo) alone, as that is where the GPS antenna is located :]

Last edited:
With the caveat that almost anything will likely have some negative performance on GPS... I wouldn't think a thin skin should affect the signal in any amount that is noticeable. As long as the skin isn't conductive / isn't too thick I wouldn't worry about it.

If you are really worried then just leave the area behind the battery compartment (near the logo) alone, as that is where the GPS antenna is located :]
That's what I figured, thanks for the info.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbj5143