DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Does anybody have any recent experience on turnaround time with Mavic repair?

mmee

Reactions
Hello all,

I recently receive my Mavic (just under a month ago) and I have the issue with blurring on the right side of the picture. Does anybody have any recent experience with DJI for repair for this issue. I live pretty near the California repair facility and I have DJI Care Refresh so hopefully that will speed things up a bit.

didn't have that issue but it took about 3 weeks from door to door. I do like the status thing on the dji website with your case number. Good luck man it sux waiting. I just sent mine back again because of the stupid cSc thing that kiils the motors mid air.

Reactions: mmee
didn't have that issue but it took about 3 weeks from door to door. I do like the status thing on the dji website with your case number. Good luck man it sux waiting. I just sent mine back again because of the stupid cSc thing that kiils the motors mid air.
Thank you! CSC thing has been there since the early Phantom days as far as I know. Im sorry that it happened to you when you did not want it to.

I wonder, did you have DJI care refresh?

My last mavic repair took 5 weeks door to door-to-door. my current one has been there about three weeks is being repaired and I expect it back within a week or two from now so 5 weeks again

Reactions: mmee
My last mavic repair took 5 weeks door to door-to-door. my current one has been there about three weeks is being repaired and I expect it back within a week or two from now so 5 weeks again
Did you have Care refresh?

Shipped out via UPS on 2017-03-01
Delivered to DJI in Cali on 2017-03-08 (I am in Canada, near Niagara Falls)
DJI marked it as received on 2017-03-14
Damage assessed on 2016-03-16
Got an email on 2017-03-22 stating Repair Completed and shipping would happen in 3-4 days.
Got an email on 2017-03-23 stating Quality Assurance was completed and shipping would happen within 2 business days
Got an email on 2017-03-24 stating Product for Repair Shipped (and received a UPS tracking number with a deliver date for 2017-03-31)

If thats the case it will have been one month from door to door.

I do have refresh, but its not being used for this repair.

Guessing at least another week or two till I have it back in my hands.
It was sent in for a gimbal/camera replacement (jello/wavy when aircraft was still hovering - Warranty replacement).

I'll update as it moves through the repair process.

chris.

Last edited:
I was told a month including shipping even though I live in California. I have the refresh warranty so I'd seriously consider getting a replacement for $79 over waiting a month. My logic is that I'll probably buy the Mavic 2 in 12-18 months anyway, so every month I own this one or don't have it due to slow repair costs me about $100, more than a replacement under refresh.

Last edited:
Hello all,

I recently receive my Mavic (just under a month ago) and I have the issue with blurring on the right side of the picture. Does anybody have any recent experience with DJI for repair for this issue. I live pretty near the California repair facility and I have DJI Care Refresh so hopefully that will speed things up a bit.

Then get an RMA number from them and HAND DELIVER it. They send me a UPS shipping label 10 days ago and it still hasn't arrived. Maybe tomorrow? UPS Ground was their solution... between 3 days from the start to even GET the RMA and UPS label, the time wasted in travel. The time there. The time that will be wasted coming back ... it's burning warranty and Care Refresh time.

Your issues is WARRANTY - don't burn a Care Refresh on it (You probably knew that). My camera is blurry too - on the left side.

Just sent my Mavic in yesterday for the 2nd time. The first time the turn around time was 22 days from door to door. I live in San Diego which is about an hour and a half from the repair center in Carson. The first time I sent it in, was due to a crash and was not under DJI Refresh. Cost me about $300 to repair.

This time the Mavic is under Refresh and I will post on a repair turnaround time difference as soon as I get it back. In the meantime Im thinking of buying another one as a backup. Its so hard waiting for repairs to come back. Feels like I'm waiting in a hospital waiting room. LOL

GIF is of the last 5 seconds when Mavic went down. Flew out for too far and on the way back the automatic landing sequence initiated and cost me to lose control. Battery was at 10% so kind of upsetting how it forced the aircraft down when I still had enough juice to land.
2017_04_08_07_15_58_1[1].gif

I have DJI care refresh, mine was received at DJI on Mar 28. I'm 25 minutes drive from the repair facility in Carson. It is now showing the unit is going to be replaced and that it is going to take one more business day for that to happen. Let's see how long it is going to be for the unit to ship.

I am not totally grounded, I have a P4 Pro which I enjoy to fly although is not a portable as the Mavic is.

I had to send mine in due to an annoying Gimbal yerk from left to right, it was not there in every flight but was there. Luckily she behaved during our trip in February to Costa Rica. In a few months we are going to go to Sri Lanka and want to make sure everything is running smoothly. What bothers me about this is that mine was tack sharp.

Reactions: TimeIsMine

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maviclake