DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Does Mavic Genrate an Artificial Horizon.

Robbyg

Reactions
Looking at some recent videos I have seen that the Camera can be modified in the app so that it can tilt above the Horizon by 30deg. If you turn on that feature how do you really know when the Camera is exactly level with the Horizon? Is there a horizon indicator on the screen that is generated by the Mavics sensors?

Last edited:
At 0 degrees pitch and sufficient altitude in drone-flying weather, the real horizon should be centered in the camera view.

Litchi has a visual indication of gimbal pitch. It is small and non-numerical and not an artificial horizon, HUD-style.

I think if you assign a button to pitch down/forward, that should help you re-establish 0 degrees gimbal pitch.

Everything about Litchi sounds so great except for the continuous videos and posts about people drones crashing while using Litchi. I could ignore most of them to inexperienced people that are being overly ambitious but some of the stories do sound like an app problem. I will certainly buy it to support them, but I don't know if I will use it until I hear more positive feedback.

Halley: I am confused, how can the Horizon be in the center of the Camera if the Camera is tilted upward by a few degrees?

LuvMyTJ: Calibration is not what I am worried about, it's flying in tight areas with a camera that has a slight upward tilt and not realizing it. I assume that if I turn off the extra 30deg the camera is level when I cannot move it up any further but with the extra tilt turned on how do you know its level using DJI's App?

Thanks

Oh very cool, thanks. I really want to turn that option on when I get my Mavic, but was worried it might be more of a problem than an asset. This puts my mind at ease.

Rob

Everything about Litchi sounds so great except for the continuous videos and posts about people drones crashing while using Litchi. I could ignore most of them to inexperienced people that are being overly ambitious but some of the stories do sound like an app problem. I will certainly buy it to support them, but I don't know if I will use it until I hear more positive feedback.

Halley: I am confused, how can the Horizon be in the center of the Camera if the Camera is tilted upward by a few degrees?

LuvMyTJ: Calibration is not what I am worried about, it's flying in tight areas with a camera that has a slight upward tilt and not realizing it. I assume that if I turn off the extra 30deg the camera is level when I cannot move it up any further but with the extra tilt turned on how do you know its level using DJI's App?

Thanks
Litchi is good.
The problem is too many pilots like to use the autonomous waypoint flying and forget about factoring altitudes, going behind trees, pushing the mavic's battery or pushing distance, forgetting about higher winds speeds on return etc.

I don't use waypoint flying, and I think the Litchi app is perfectly fine.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PetefromNZ