DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Does the Mavic stabilize itself when the motors have been obstructed mid flight?

mschwind200

Reactions
I've seen a few YouTube videos where when the Mavic gets caught in a tree branch it dropped out of the tree but hovered JUST before it hit the ground. I've also heard others talking about this.

Is that something that it does does, and if it does, will it so it everytime or just occasionally?

Sent from my SM-G935F using MavicPilots mobile app

just lucky, that was part of a longer video which was to show how forgiving the Mavic can be, don't think the dearest part would have survived....
the GIMBAL

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Take a look

First time trying follow me in a park with a bunch of trees. It did level out even with one broken blade....
I Zigged left when I should have zagged right when it hit the branch. My brain did not ingage-- I blame the 60's psychedelic era;):cool::eek:

It will always attempt to recover but success depends on whether there was any prop damage and if there is sufficient altitude once it begins to fall . I have video of my racing drone flying through a tree ,tumbling and then flying right out of it . I have another drone that shuts off when it hits something ,LOL

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
petravka