DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Does the Mavic stop shooting video when battery is low.

Robbyg

Reactions
My normal routine is to fly out and then return to the LZ with about 40% power. I then spend about 15% of the remaining power practicing and honing my skills while staying close. At 25% I typically land.

Yesterday was a bit different. I was at a very remote location filming the forest mountain ranges. I spent longer than normal and was about 3/4 of the way back in when the battery hit 20%. I noticed that in about 10 seconds the video stopped recording on it's own. I landed with about 15% remaining power and no issues but I was perplexed about the video recording auto stopping, I had never heard about that feature before. Is it new to the recent firmware or has it always been there?

Thanks
Rob

I don't think it should do it at all even at critical level - though if you were desperate your battery might last a few seconds longer if you stopped it.
Is it possible the card was full?

That was what I assumed, but I had 40GB left on the card. I actually filmed two more flights after that without a problem. If someone gets to fly during the week and can try going down below 20% for a test it would be much appreciated. If not I will try again on the weekend and see if this is a feature of the new firmware.

Nope doesn't stop. It may cut it I don't remember but I've filmed at 5%. Although there is good advice to come from this if your low on battery and in route to land. Cut your recording if you don't need it. It won't save much power but it will prolong the battery life slightly. For good measure that would be the first thing I would do to try to save every ounce of power if I needed to.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

I think stop recording will help to squeeze more battery if you are running low.
But well that is just a guess.

I have Litchi start recording automatically when it lifts off but I have inadvertently pressed the record button on the remote and it stopped recording , perhaps you hit the button with your finger by accident ?? Would the log file tell this ?? You barely have to brush it . I wish it took a long press to activate .

Reactions: halley
I think stop recording will help to squeeze more battery if you are running low.
But well that is just a guess.

Insignificant difference in battery savings... and no it should not stop recording. One of my P3's had an issue where it would occasionally lose the downlink and that caused it to stop recording... was repaired under warranty. I'd keep documenting this - might be a possible repair issue.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Michael N