DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Does your Android tablet work?

laura schlenker

Reactions
I'm using a galaxy tab s2 and love it, bit I want a dedicated Android tablet just for the mavic, I don't want to spend a whole lot on another tablet. Please let me know I'd you have one that works perfectly with the mavic and the new DJI go 4 thanks.

I use a nexus 7 that I bought used for $80 on eBay. It works great for me because of the resolution, quad core processor, brightness, and at 7" I don't have to butcher my controller or use an adapter. I really do love it.

I wanted the gen2 because of the processor. I figured it would give me the least amount of lag. I'm glad i did.

So what is the best spec 7" or 8" android tablet ?

So what is the best spec 7" or 8" android tablet ?
Not exactly sure what you're asking. I don't believe there is a Nexus 8" to compare so if you want an 8" you have to do some research on the various brands. If you're strictly asking about size then for me I bought the 7" because my Nvidia K1 would not fit into the controller grips.

Not exactly sure what you're asking. I don't believe there is a Nexus 8" to compare so if you want an 8" you have to do some research on the various brands. If you're strictly asking about size then for me I bought the 7" because my Nvidia K1 would not fit into the controller grips.

Ok thanksfor that .... i take it the nexus 7 is powerful enough ?

No memory card expansion slot ??

Ok thanksfor that .... i take it the nexus 7 is powerful enough ?

No memory card expansion slot ??
The Nexus 7 2013 version is a 1.5ghz quad core. Be careful because the 2012 version is only 1.2ghz. and the resolution is much lower.
You are correct there is no we card slot.

The Nexus 7 2013 version is a 1.5ghz quad core. Be careful because the 2012 version is only 1.2ghz. and the resolution is much lower.
You are correct there is no we card slot.

Thaks for the help.

Ok guys I said heck with or and just bought another tab s2 this way I can use my old one with the mavic, I appreciate all your help

I use an Asus Zenfone 3 that I bought just for using with my Mavic. It works great, has not crashed even once. It has 32gb of internal memory which is more than enough and it is compact. I did not want a tablet to carry around with my small mavic. I have other larger drones that I carry lots of extra crap around with.

I use an Acer Iconia One 7 that I bought for $ 65 CAD that (seems so far) to work perfectly. No adapters needed and bought a short coiled USB cable with right angle connectors to go from the tablet to the USBin the bottom of the controller.

Flying a Mavic Pro with an Acer Iconia One 7" tablet running latest Android OS

Does it fit into the controller or is it too thick? How's the screen outdoors? Any video lag? Thanks PropPilot

Fits perfectly in the controller. Snug on thickness but easy in and out.

I see zero operating issues such as any video lag or otherwise.

I would need to do much more flight testing to comment definitively on screen brightness however my first impressions are that it is good.

For the money I am thrilled with it...

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dronewithdeshaun