DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Does your Mavic have any of these issues?

Does your Mavic have any of these problems, or others?

• Horizon tilts when flying sideways or turning

Votes: 32 18.4%
  • Remote control disconnects frequently

Votes: 13 7.5%
  • Autofocus defocuses suddenly during flight

Votes: 23 13.2%
  • Gimbal suddenly readjusts during flight, or other gimbal issues

Votes: 24 13.8%
  • DJI Go 4 app crashes often (specify Android or iOS in the thread)

Votes: 24 13.8%
  • Random jitter (horizontally) in movie recordings

Votes: 25 14.4%
  • Other bugs (please specify in thread)

Votes: 16 9.2%
  • My Mavic is flawless (as far as I can tell)

Votes: 83 47.7%
  • One side out of focus

Votes: 13 7.5%

• Total voters

kona

Reactions
My Mavic had all of these issues, so I sent it in for repair. You can choose as many options as you want. Note that your choices will *not* be displayed to other forum members.

What issues nothing showing

That's weird. For me it shows these choices:
  1. Horizon tilts when flying sideways or turning
  2. Remote control disconnects frequently
  3. Autofocus defocuses suddenly during flight
  4. Gimbal suddenly readjusts during flight, or other gimbal issues
  5. DJI Go 4 app crashes often (specify Android or iOS in the thread)
  6. Random jitter (horizontally) in movie recordings
  7. Other bugs (please specify in thread)
  8. My Mavic is flawless (as far as I can tell)

Fairly regular app disconnects, usually the controller stays connected. Seems less frequent since switching to using the bottom USB instead of micro usb side port. These disconnects require me to force close the app, reopen it, and sometimes restart the Mavic controller.

Reactions: kona
Crooked gimbal, Every time i fly my HD blinks and sometimes remote with full bars, choppy downlink (android note 7 stripped with only go4 running)

Reactions: AyeYo
Crooked gimbal, Every time i fly my HD blinks and sometimes remote with full bars, choppy downlink (android note 7 stripped with only go4 running)

Oh right I should have added the crooked gimbal as an option. Can you select "Other bugs" above so this poll is a correct assessment? Thanks!

Nice thread. I am not having any of those issues.
Using the old firmware .0400

Rob

I agree with Rob I have not upgaded past .0400 firmware and everything has been stable using my iPad mini. (I keep this device on airplane mode and only use if for flying the Mavic)

Unfortunatly my iphone updated the iOS version so until I can figure out how to roll back the DJI Go 4 app I can not use that iOS device.

Reactions: Slayerstwin
My first mavic pro had a focus/lens issue where the bottom right hand side/corner would be soft and not uniform sharpness corner to corner. I went back to my local authorized DJI retail store to exchange it for a brand new mavic within the 14 day refund/exchange time frame. So far the 2nd drone is flawless and sharp corner to corner with no soft spots in either video or photo mode. The replacement unit had a birth date that was 2 weeks newer than my original one. hopefully yours comes back fixed and perfect. Im currently running .400

I rest my case. The majority of Mavics dont have any problems whatsoever. And most gimbal tilts after turning are due to turning too fast or too hard and not giving the gimbal a chance to catch up.

Based on your poll, 90% of Mavic owners dont have a problem with theirs.

Reactions: Hollajandro
Based on your poll, 90% of Mavic owners dont have a problem with theirs.

You appear to live in another universe, where the rules of math don't apply (and btw this thread, which has much more than 10% responding their Mavic has a flaw, just started an hour ago!). Explains your fixation with telling customers to not exercise their consumer rights. In addition to the fact that you're making a living from selling drones...

Last edited:
It is you who is living in another biased, Mavic hating universe. It is your poll, and you are misinterpreting your own results.

So far 66.7% had no issues whatsoever.
33.3% experienced gimbal tilt while turning, thats normal.
16.7% say the app crashes. That could be due to their device, not the Mavic.

Overall, that leaves 92% have not experienced mechanical problems due to manufacturing.

Last edited:
Thunder-drones, your math is remarkably wrong, in addition to being based on assumptions benefitting your business, and exposes your bias even more. I'll give you just one more hint, in case you're interested in listening, which is that excessive gimbal tilt is not uniform across drones, see my older thread on this subject with videos showing it.

I'd like to keep this thread on topic though -- to find out if users are experiencing issues with their Mavic's -- so I won't respond to any further personal attacks, but report them.

It is you who is living in another biased, Mavic hating universe. It is your poll, and you are misinterpreting your own results.

So far 66.7% had no issues whatsoever.
33.3% experienced gimbal tilt while turning, thats normal.
16.7% say the app crashes. That could be due to their device, not the Mavic.

Overall, that leaves 92% have not experienced mechanical problems due to manufacturing.

So, please, quit your whining, sell your Mavic and go buy a Breeze for petes sake.

Thunder-drones, your math is remarkably wrong, in addition to being based on assumptions benefitting your business, and exposes your bias even more. I'll give you just one more hint, in case you're interested in listening, which is that excessive gimbal tilt is not uniform across drones, see my older thread on this subject with videos showing it.

I'd like to keep this thread on topic though -- to find out if users are experiencing issues with their Mavic's -- so I won't respond to any further personal attacks, but report them.

I guess you havent looked at your own poll.

I'm not biased. Im experienced with DJI and have repaired not only DJI but every many other types of RC. And I am here to dispel members like you from broadcasting false and misleading statements like "all Mavics are defective right out of the box" like you said yesterday.

If you dont want to believe your own poll, why post it?

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rapidair