DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Does your Mavic have any of these issues?

Does your Mavic have any of these problems, or others?

• Horizon tilts when flying sideways or turning

Votes: 32 18.4%
  • Remote control disconnects frequently

Votes: 13 7.5%
  • Autofocus defocuses suddenly during flight

Votes: 23 13.2%
  • Gimbal suddenly readjusts during flight, or other gimbal issues

Votes: 24 13.8%
  • DJI Go 4 app crashes often (specify Android or iOS in the thread)

Votes: 24 13.8%
  • Random jitter (horizontally) in movie recordings

Votes: 25 14.4%
  • Other bugs (please specify in thread)

Votes: 16 9.2%
  • My Mavic is flawless (as far as I can tell)

Votes: 83 47.7%
  • One side out of focus

Votes: 13 7.5%

• Total voters
No issues, but I'm still on-

Go app 4.0.3
Aircraft and remote 01.03.0200

I've been thinking of going current but it's flying so well I don't want to risk it.

To the OP have you tried downgrading one version to see if it fixes the problems you're having?

edit-sorry just re read your original post and see you sent it in. Did you try downgrading before you sent it in?

No issues, but I'm still on-

Go app 4.0.3
Aircraft and remote 01.03.0200

I've been thinking of going current but it's flying so well I don't want to risk it.

To the OP have you tried downgrading one version to see if it fixes the problems you're having?

edit-sorry just re read your original post and see you sent it in. Did you try downgrading before you sent it in?

Yeah I did. The app seemed to crash less but the other issues, in particular the excessive horizon tilt I'm having, which others' reported as well (compared to another Mavic, see other thread I created) was not affected by it. Because the newer version of the app has features I want, I went back to the new version.

When I first read the poll, I though that the first question, about the "horizon tilts" was a little out of place or mis-worded.
Yes, my horizon tilts for a second if I turn hard enough too quickly. Or if I fly sideways too fast in windy conditions. Or even if I'm flying straight in very windy conditions, depending on the direction of the wind. This is normal.

I don't think a tilting gimbal should be considered a flaw with your mavic unless it is always tilted the same way all the time, regardless of wind conditions and recalibrations and stable flying.

If your mavic had all of those issues, you must've got a real lemon, which can happen, and statistically will, infrequently, over time.

My GO app did restart a couple of times when I was using Android, but has been flawless since I switched to IOS, so I must assume that was not a flaw with the mavic, and the Android issues are well known and documented.

I'd bet at least half of the reported "flaws" with the mavic are from individuals who don't fully understand the mavic (yet). I thought I had at least a half dozen problems with my mavic in my first few weeks, until I learned it was an operational misunderstanding (or lack of understanding) on my part. Turns out all my problems were in my head.

So far, the only "issue" that has received more than 1 vote are: tilted horizon, app crash, or other. I wouldn't consider a tilted horizon or app crash a mavic flaw in most cases.

It will be interesting to see what the poll results are after 1000+ votes. And we also have to keep in mind that even that statistic is heavily skewed because most people who are having zero problems don't come to this forum looking for answers. Most people come to this forum because they have a problem or a question. I'm sure there are thousands of mavic owners who aren't aware of this forum and are just busy enjoying this amazing piece of hardware.

No issues and on latest FW and latest Go 4. 200 flights plus, no calibrations needed. Older galaxy s4 works fine if optimized before flight.

always have "inconsistent firmware found" message. i always refresh it and after everything ok. my mavic flying like a bird. no any issues.

DJI Go 4 crashes occasionally I'm using a Note Pro 12.2.

Ever since last firmware upgrade gimbal will be in unlevel perspective after gimbal initialization. Typically starts slightly up and rolled to one direction taking the better part of a minute to level out.

always have "inconsistent firmware found" message. i always refresh it and after everything ok. my mavic flying like a bird. no any issues.

Have you updated the fw on all of your batteries? That's the message you get when your craft fw has been updated and there's a battery update as well.

Have you updated the fw on all of your batteries? That's the message you get when your craft fw has been updated and there's a battery update as well.
Not every firmware update contains a battery update tho. As I understand it, you'll get a separate notification if batteries need updated. Not positive as I've yet had to do so, but that's how I understand it.

hi Filmscum,

yes, i had. but i'm shure it's inconsistent firmware found message is not because of battery. after i slide to refresh inconsistent "thing", the process always run to successful. but... the next time, when i switch on my bird, the inconsistent message come back. i had refresh it always successful, and my bird flying well. always. no any issue. i don't understand what is the inconsistent, because on 0500 / 0550 / 0600 FW i didn't see what updated exactly. on 0400 FW always updated the "vision sensor". after 0400 FW i didn't see any labels during inconsistent upgrade. oh... and it's very funny for me, because the forward and downward sensors works well. i tried precision landings a lot, and sometimes i tried drive my mavic to trees or walls, and she saw the obstacles and just stopped every time. so i really don't know what a **** is this :)

Not every firmware update contains a battery update tho. As I understand it, you'll get a separate notification if batteries need updated. Not positive as I've yet had to do so, but that's how I understand it.

you right JHSlayer! if i remember good, up to now one FW contained battery upgrade. i think the 0400, but not shure. and yes, the app warning you for refresh the battery FW.

I have had zero problems with any aspect of flight, but my Mavic is currently back to DJI to address the problem with the blurry left side of the image

My Mavic had all of these issues, so I sent it in for repair. You can choose as many options as you want. Note that your choices will *not* be displayed to other forum members.

Hi, thanks for this poll.
So far I don't have these issues - (yes, I had horizont tilt few times, but this was about the speed and the gimbal calibration / adjust), and since my first flight in January (after another 60 flights and approx. 55 km) I have noticed only one app crash (aircraft disconnect) - this was today, so I can't say yet if it is a random or a systemic (new FW) failure.
Still on Android 6.x and SGS 5 Neo, a week ago installed new FW .600, but not yet the last Go4 App from Google Play (I still have the one before the last up).

I have another issue (what is actually a feature) - the red hot spot in the centre of the camera - what was deeply described in many threads - not happy about, but we together with my friends have figured it out (DNG correection in the Lightroom), so finally I'd say - seems OK...

Reactions: kona
I agree with Rob I have not upgaded past .0400 firmware and everything has been stable using my iPad mini. (I keep this device on airplane mode and only use if for flying the Mavic)

Unfortunatly my iphone updated the iOS version so until I can figure out how to roll back the DJI Go 4 app I can not use that iOS device.

If you know exactly what version it is you can type that in on Google and download the go for with that version just make sure automatic updates are off

Add
out of focus on the frame edges
Severe stutter in video yawing
To the list
DJI replaced my Mavic for the focus issue.

Reactions: kona
I feel I suffer from the soft focus issue on the right hand side of my videos. I'm on the fence about having it fixed since I've heard that people are receiving refurb Mavics that still display the same issue or some even worse.

Here's some video I recently shot. Help push me to either side (repair/keep).

For the most part, my Mavic behaves remarkably well, most times it's the operator who does something stupid/clumsy. Only recently (today) I experienced a video issue that had me rather pissed until I figured it out. Took a brief 7 min flight with video recording on the supplied 16 GB Lexar chip, which has been perfect so far. Landed, stopped video and shut off Mavic. I stick the chip in a USB3 reader, in a USB3 port in my laptop, same as always. (NOTE: Bitrate of 4K video is very fast and needs a USB3 port to play DIRECTLY from the card.) I open a clip with VLC Media Player. The **** video, 2 clips, are garbaged and freeze up. First time ever had this happen. Possibilities: card corrupted/failed, problem with the Mavic? I put a different known good card back in the Mavic, formatted it within Go4 app, and shot another short flight. Again, corrupted video playback. I finally tried forcing Windows 7 to open the clips in WMP instead of VLC. Now they play fine, no idea why VLC, which had played 4k clips OK previously, had this happen. Anyway, problem fixed.

My Mavic had all of these issues, so I sent it in for repair. You can choose as many options as you want. Note that your choices will *not* be displayed to other forum members.
Nothing except firmware on my tablet galaxy s2. Was fine then upgraded. Ever since it's gone crazy on my tablet. Off and on. Nuts error message nuts

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rui S