DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Does your Mavic have any of these issues?

Does your Mavic have any of these problems, or others?

• Horizon tilts when flying sideways or turning

Votes: 32 18.4%
  • Remote control disconnects frequently

Votes: 13 7.5%
  • Autofocus defocuses suddenly during flight

Votes: 23 13.2%
  • Gimbal suddenly readjusts during flight, or other gimbal issues

Votes: 24 13.8%
  • DJI Go 4 app crashes often (specify Android or iOS in the thread)

Votes: 24 13.8%
  • Random jitter (horizontally) in movie recordings

Votes: 25 14.4%
  • Other bugs (please specify in thread)

Votes: 16 9.2%
  • My Mavic is flawless (as far as I can tell)

Votes: 83 47.7%
  • One side out of focus

Votes: 13 7.5%

• Total voters
Number 4 on the issues list. Gimbal resets during flight. Every flight. Several times. Going to send it back next week since nothing has worked to fix it. So. Much. 4.

Reactions: kona
Had a focus issue come up all the sudden for 4 or 5 flights in a row. The center 1/3 of the screen was in focus. The top 1/3 and the bottom 1/3 were very blurry and out of focus.

I updated all firmware/software, calibrated everything and reset the camera. Have flown twice since then with no issue... hope it doesn't come back.

That's weird. For me it shows these choices:
  1. Horizon tilts when flying sideways or turning
  2. Remote control disconnects frequently
  3. Autofocus defocuses suddenly during flight
  4. Gimbal suddenly readjusts during flight, or other gimbal issues
  5. DJI Go 4 app crashes often (specify Android or iOS in the thread)
  6. Random jitter (horizontally) in movie recordings
  7. Other bugs (please specify in thread)
  8. My Mavic is flawless (as far as I can tell)

Kona maybe add when they purchased their mavics? The second batch where DJI was trying to make demands seems to have the most defects. I bought mine mid feb 2017 and it was. Broken out of the box. The first gen seems to be ok. I have two friends who have first gens and they say its fine.

MavicGurl I don't know how to add that retrospectively for all who've posted. Also, seems like lots of folks (including myself, with the 2nd Mavic I bought) have issues with the most recent manufactured ones, so I don't see a clear tendency with time of built.

MavicGurl I don't know how to add that retrospectively for all who've posted. Also, seems like lots of folks (including myself, with the 2nd Mavic I bought) have issues with the most recent manufactured ones, so I don't see a clear tendency with time of built.

I bought a second mavic at apple store and it works great! But i noticed the back leg has some scratches at the bottom lol. I hand catch. So i dont know where the scratch came from. Its not a big deal i just thought maybe its a used or refurbished drone sold as new by DJI to apple. I have no proof of this just assuming. The drone works great and everything else looks new. Just the back landing leg bottom has scratches.
36abe15af4c0176028161c988c7fe67c.jpg

I haven't been able to fly recently once I am in the air the video lags then it says disconnected on the dji 4 go app I have a galaxy s7. Is it the app or do I need to switch to a different phone?

Mine is other: Camera breaks up any 4k video setting into 9 minute pieces with a very tiny spot between each

Suddenly out of focus - multiple times per flight, every flight. Lots of ruined footage

Gimbal twitching - seems to occur only at high altitude flying at higher speeds, wonder if it's voltage/load related. Happens very consistently and ruins lots of footage.

Horizon tilt - becoming worse and worse with age. Fast yaw leaves horizon tilted for remainder of flight. This is an issue on every product DJI has ever produced.

Aside from a tiny crack Thunderdrones sold me a new top to replace, my Mavic is fine overall. Sometimes it'll tilt its gimbal 45 degrees to the right and slowly balance back out right after I turn it on, but only on firmware .600.

i see alot using older firmware,yet whenever i try avoid updates it wont fly untill i update it :(

anyway i digress...bought my mavic from currys,exchanged it 4 times till i was 'almost satisfied. (eg gave up finding a perfect one...)

problem on 1st 3 replaced was blurring on side of footage filmed,and a large red circle(s) when filmed almost anything white or bright (side of white wall,clouds,horizon etc) latest one exchanged also has that problem with pink/red circle on light things like white roofs etc,but i seen it complained about so often i dont think am going to get one without it.
4th replacement had no blurring at all either side,but i did notice flight one when looked at light clouds the red circle was back (and i dont mean a dot,its a massive circle of red/pink above horizon lol)
latest replacement i am keeping,just going to avoid bright/white things like clouds-but problem i had with all of them i found equally annoying is when watch playback of film,i can see an annoying haze beneith (over?) video shots...its hard to explain but its akin to having microscopic dots on inside of lens too small to see when in flight usually,but when playback on a large 4k tv something i shot in 4k,i can see all the dots moving as camera pans up/down,almost as if almost clear tracing paper is stuck over lens which you can't see normaly,but when close to ground looking at a pavement or something generally flat and in focus,i can see the tracing paper moving with the camera as pans or flies over said pavement...have cleaned lens,tried to see if anything inside,but whatever it is,its not visable except when i watch video back in 4k,and its been on all the mavics i had replaced. (cant see it so easily on hd tv's i watched same footage on,have tried 6 different high end micro sd cards,tried on panasonic,sony and lg 4k tv's costing over 1-2k,and 3 hd tv's,still visable on all. I'd think was my imagination if wasnt for fact everyone i showed it agrees 4k shouldnt show that effect on playback,but have given up trying get a mavic without those two problems because one of them dji admits cant do owt about it (pink circle-their advice is just dont video anything too bright basically lol) and the other although easy to show the problem,is too hard to explain when no one else seems to mention it in forums :(

i'm on .200 firmware for AC/RC no issues... bottom right corner a small portion is blurry out of focus.. instead of doing center auto focus I touch an inch lower to right/bottom all 4 corners focused so I believed it's mis-aligned from factory.

I don't want to send in and get a refurbished one with other problems.

I had the camera tilt when turning problem but turning off Synchronized Gimbal Pan Follow stopped it. Now its pretty much flawless on .400 firmware.

Does anyone know why out of the blue during flight the mavic gimbal will make it look as though its crashing from the sky? Thankfully it didn't but it scared the hell out of me. This just started out of the blue. I was recording but when I watched the footage its not there

Does anyone know why out of the blue during flight the mavic gimbal will make it look as though its crashing from the sky? Thankfully it didn't but it scared the **** out of me. This just started out of the blue. I was recording but when I watched the footage its not there
If memory serves correct that is the gimble doing a reset. Have you been recording for a long time when it happens? I think it was 9 or maybe 12 minutes or so then it reboots. Supposedly fixed on later version firmware.

If memory serves correct that is the gimble doing a reset. Have you been recording for a long time when it happens? I think it was 9 or maybe 12 minutes or so then it reboots. Supposedly fixed on later version firmware.
As a matter of fact I was at 9 and change. It was right around sunset also. Not that you can tell from the footage bc it looks like the middle of the day but it wasn't. It was actually getting darker

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rarmstrong2580