DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Does your Mavic have this problem (poll)?

Does your Mavic have horizon tilt during roll (sideways flying?

• Yes

Votes: 11 40.7%
  • No

Votes: 16 59.3%

• Total voters

kona

Reactions
Since I've see several users here report a similar problem as my Mavic has, I thought it's good time for a poll, to see what fraction of Mavics are affected by this Gimbal quality control issue causing dramatic horizon tilt issues during sideways flying. I posted videos comparing a defective and functioning Mavic gimbal here: Gimbal QC issues -- comparing two Mavics

I'd say the tilt in the first video is 20 degrees, in the second less than 10 degrees. So call it defunct at >20 degrees and functional at <10 degrees.

Looking forward to seeing the poll results!

I have that issue, and everyone claims that taking off from a level surface fixes this. Well, I have taken off from surfaces that are 10-15 degrees and then the gimbal is level. Other times not. Often it will be level and then after some flying and usually after hard turning and aggressive flying it will start to become in-level. However it usually works its self out and becomes level again, quite often when doing the same hard turns in the opposite direction. As a rule of thumb, I make it a point to check that level before I want to record something important and adjust with gimbal roll if it is not level, which often ends up becoming unlevel after anyways. But yes it is annoying. I am hoping for a firmware fix for this issue. Soon? :p

Aerial Gopher, I don't think firmware will relieve it because both Mavics I flew had the same firmware so it's clearly a hardware issue.

I have yet to see a video which doesn't have any tilt during roll. Would be nice to see an example from someone who voted no. It would also be nice to see what it looks like in sport mode.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTBennett00