DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Doesn't land when pulling stick back

Matchlock

Reactions
Has anyone else had this happen? Today I was flying my Mavic Pro and when I pulled the left stick back to land the Mavic Pro just seemed to sit there, no matter what altitude. I tried numerous time to land it but it was unresponsive. Then, all of a suddenly it began to land quite fast as I had the stick pulled all the way to the rear.

Has any one else had this issue, and could anyone tell me why this happens? Do I have something out of calibration? The sticks perhaps?

Thank you for any help you can offer.

Bud

It's happening because you have the Landing Protection setting enabled in DJI GO. If you disable it, you'll be able to manually land the entire way to the ground.

DJI-GO-Landing-Protection.jpg

Thank you msinger and did I mention that it does this even at an altitude of 30 or 40 meters?

Bud

Upload your TXT flight logs here and review the "VPS Altitude" column. If you see a value there when your Mavic is at 30-40 meters and you have the throttle in the full down position, it'll auto switch the flight mode to Forced Landing and the Mavic will start landing.

Ok, I just checked and the landing protection was actually in the OFF position.

I'm sorry but could you tell me where to find the TXT flight logs and how to upload them?

Bud

You can find instructions here.

Here's a screen clip. Of course none of it makes any sense to me but the VPS altitude shows only 0.7 and even lower further down. Does this make sense to you msinger?

Thank you for all you help by the way.

Bud

Chart_1.JPG

Upload your TXT flight logs here and review the "VPS Altitude" column. If you see a value there when your Mavic is at 30-40 meters and you have the throttle in the full down position, it'll auto switch the flight mode to Forced Landing and the Mavic will start landing.

It's not uncommon for the downward sensors to detect an object when flying over water or other surfaces that can reflect the sun. Also, people sometimes run into this issue when things are dangling below the bottom of the Mavic (e.g. a tracker antenna). If you look in the CSV file, it'll show the position of the remote controller sticks. If the throttle was in the full down position while the downward sensors were detecting the ground at such a low altitude (regardless of the actual altitude), the flight mode would have automatically changed to Forced Landing.

Reactions: Matchlock
Please excuse me for being dimly lit on this issue but I did have the left stick pulled fully back to the rear and was over land when this happened. So why would the Mavic Pro not land when I held the stick back? Landing protection was not on.

Sorry to bother you again with this but I just don't understand why this happened when I pull the stick all the way back and the Mavic just sits up there. Then, after 10 seconds or so of me pulling the stick back, it will decide to come down seemingly all on its own.

This has happened at more than one location as well.

I upgraded the firmware last night so hopefully that will fix the problem. Should I do an IMU Calibration now that I've upgraded to the latest firmware?

Bud

It's not uncommon for the downward sensors to detect an object when flying over water or other surfaces that can reflect the sun. Also, people sometimes run into this issue when things are dangling below the bottom of the Mavic (e.g. a tracker antenna). If you look in the CSV file, it'll show the position of the remote controller sticks. If the throttle was in the full down position while the downward sensors were detecting the ground at such a low altitude (regardless of the actual altitude), the flight mode would have automatically changed to Forced Landing.

Sorry to bother you again with this but I just don't understand why this happened when I pull the stick all the way back and the Mavic just sits up there. Then, after 10 seconds or so of me pulling the stick back, it will decide to come down seemingly all on its own.
Got a flight log I can check out? It'll be easier than you trying to describe what you think happened.

Reactions: Bunny Too
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kramme