DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Done with DJI Go4 app

Snoweman

Reactions
Took a full flight with my Mavic and the Litchi app without a hiccup. I then loaded the second battery and wanted to see how the Go4 app would behave. Flew around for about five minutes. I think there is a new, constant center focus feature. I brought it back in, and then sent it about 150 directly above me. That's when the app just quit. Luckily, I still had telemetry on my remote. I really don't know what tablet holder folks do when their app takes a crap and their tablet blocks the telemetry screen. Anywho..., I was able to bring it down, but I won't be using Go4, other than for firmware updates.

Reactions: iamSteve
Have been using the DJI Go 4 app (v4.0.5) on Android since I bought the Mavic, and never had any issue. Yesterday I updated the app to 4.0.6 (I still use the older 400 firmware on the Mavic iteself) and as soon as I started recording video the app crashed. This was whilst flying and could be re-produced 100 % of the time.

No good! so I went back to the 4.0.5. I have no idea whats going on there, but its not going to be very useful, if I have to re-start the app after each time I start recording video.

Took a full flight with my Mavic and the Litchi app without a hiccup. I then loaded the second battery and wanted to see how the Go4 app would behave. Flew around for about five minutes. I think there is a new, constant center focus feature. I brought it back in, and then sent it about 150 directly above me. That's when the app just quit. Luckily, I still had telemetry on my remote. I really don't know what tablet holder folks do when their app takes a crap and their tablet blocks the telemetry screen. Anywho..., I was able to bring it down, but I won't be using Go4, other than for firmware updates.
All a bit vague. No mention of what operating system you are using. Many of us have hundreds of successful flights with both Go4 and Litchi. My first thought is you probably neglected to close Litchi and it was still in the background interfering with Go4.

All a bit vague. No mention of what operating system you are using. Many of us have hundreds of successful flights with both Go4 and Litchi. My first thought is you probably neglected to close Litchi and it was still in the background interfering with Go4.

Using Moto Droid Turbo 2. My feeling is that the Go4 app works well on iOs products, but is sketchy for Android. I also neglected to mention that this is not my first time having the DJI app shut down on me.

From my understanding, a lot of folks have had problems with the Go4 app.

I read about a lot having issues with the go app and also with
the differant firmwares but I have yet to have had any issues
with none of them.
I have updated everything when it became available and I fly a lot . iOS mini 2 with cellular . Never no issues with my P3's.
Log only shows 103 flights and that don't seem right but have
1,342.258' with mavic and total with all 3 is 715 flights with
7,852.530'
What I don't get is why so many have these app crashes
And I've never had one. Maybe location..hold my mouth just
right ..don't know and don't doubt folks are having it happen.
I do know I have never used any app other than Go App and
don't plan to.
Just my experience's.

Added / let me say this also though some of my flights are around
some noise 90% are in the hillls here and only noise is from critters.

Last edited:
Like I said, I think iOs platform is much more stable with the DJI app. A lot of the folks that have problems are using droids. There are so many versions of droids and iOs appears to be mostly the same across Apple devices.

I had go app crashing with a basic LG new phone as soon as I upped the power to a xioami note 4 phone with 64gig internal and not 8gig works fine but i must have litchi and goapp in septate parts of phone as litchi won't even open if goapp is there

This seems to be an android problem. I don't see these problems on iOS. I like android too but it's so much easier to have high app quality ok iOS since there is consistency and not thousand of different device variants. I consider encouraging people to run iOS device for their mavic. Maybe an older iPad or iPhone device?

It's a lot more stable than the 10+ android devices I own (iOS dev and UI designer for a living)

This is not a bash on android. It's more about the DJI app

OP's statement was never addressed. It was about Hangar 360 and getting "battery telemetry error". To OP, I get the same error with Hangar 360. Also tried different batteries, same error.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoubleBarS