DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Draining batteries!

Grey Wolf

Reactions
Just wondering of I should drain each battery down to say 15 percent on each flight before charging again or can I remove battery after a flight that is say 27 percent, and then charge again at home?
Will this damage the battery?
I drain my Inspire batteries at home to about 14 percent.
I'm wondering if the Mavic batteries might not need to do this. I believe DJI advises to discharge after about 10 charges, but am I safe to charge when its at say 27 percent or so?

Just wondering of I should drain each battery down to say 15 percent on each flight before charging again or can I remove battery after a flight that is say 27 percent, and then charge again at home?
Will this damage the battery?
You do not need to drain the batteries down to 15% before recharging them. Either recharge them and go fly again or charge them back up to the storage level if you're not planning on flying again for a while.

Reactions: Kadath
Lithium batteries don't like to be discharged too deeply. Unless you are in a situation where you need to take it down to 15%, I wouldn't recommend it. All else being equal, your batteries will last longer if the are discharged to only 30%.

You do not need to drain the batteries down to 15% before recharging them. Either recharge them and go fly again or charge them back up to the storage level if you're not planning on flying again for a while.
ok thanks

Wow. I'm really breathing life into a long dead thread... And probably a dead conversation with most of you, however, I just can't seem to locate a definitive answer. Here's the question:
Will only using my batteries to 60% on flights am I doing any damage or anything unhealthy? Should I be trying to discharge as close to 30% as possible? Or am I fine? I'm able to fly out like 1.5 miles across open marshland and that seems to be about as far out as I can go with vlos. Plus, trees show up and I'd have to really climb to go further. No reason to do that. So, normally I go out and come back and replace the battery and do it again... Should I be using that battery a little more? I am flying at least every third day and usually every other day and shoot for every single day but you know.... Stupid life gets in the way.
Thanks for being patient with me.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BHU