DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Drifting follow up

Insideout

Reactions
I think I may have figured out why I was getting yaw drifting. Can't be completely sure, but this makes sense to me.

I was going through settings on GO4 and when I got to gain settings, they were all 0. I thought, that's really odd as I've never changed these settings. I exited to check other settings and they were all normal. So I went back into gain settings, and they were all back to default 100. I changed nothing - they changed themselves. This could explain intermittent drifting. If gain changes itself to all 0's, the drone would tend to drift. Then the drift goes away when it changes back to 100.

I hope DJI reads these help threads because this is something they really need to look at.

I noticed this happening every time the DJI Go4 app is updated! Everything else seems to stay put, but the Gain settings are down to zero. Luckily I noticed it both times before taking off and resetting to default.

I've had my settings change after a fw update as well. But this was very troubling that they changed while I was within the app. I didn't notice if it changed to atti mode - wonder if this could cause that??

Yep.. I noticed that too, I didn't think too much of it at the time but did check later and they had all restored to the previous values..

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
J S