DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Drifting Mavic = crash after 2 weeks - What to do?

miqski

Reactions
I was wondering - maybe you can help me guys.

My Mavic is now 3 weeks old. I had couple of flights so far, everything was fine until last week.

On 9th of April I went to try it out. I live in London and it is not my first drone. I also have P3S, which I like to take and fly to my favourite spot just next to o2 arena - across the river. I took there my mavic too. I was connected to 11 satelites, however when I lifted up ATTI mode kicked in and it just started drifting and went straight towards the wall. There was basically nothing i could do and that is how the gumball board broke - I am not sure yet if the ribbon cable is fine.

What do you think I can do in that case? Originally I bought it from apple, so do you think they will replace it for me?
Maybe DJi will do so, as it is fairly new drone and it does not look like it was my fault. Here is my log from this flight. I would be grateful if you share with me your thoughts...

Last edited:
Please upload your TXT flight log here and post a link back here. You'll find instructions for locating your TXT flight log at that link.

I had this happen - sudden dropout of GPS, going into ATTI mode. Luckily I was high enough there was nothing to crash into, and I got it under control before the wind really took it away.

Turned out this was due, probably, to my taping a transponder (Loc8tor) too close to the GPS antenna, which is at the tail end of the Mavic. I moved the Loc8tor to one of the legs and no problems now with GPS dropping out.

Will they pay for repairs? I have my doubts. The only way to find out is send them all the flight logs and see what they say. Best of luck - none of us likes it when this sort of thing happens and it's not our fault!

I had this happen - sudden dropout of GPS, going into ATTI mode. Luckily I was high enough there was nothing to crash into, and I got it under control before the wind really took it away.

Turned out this was due, probably, to my taping a transponder (Loc8tor) too close to the GPS antenna, which is at the tail end of the Mavic. I moved the Loc8tor to one of the legs and no problems now with GPS dropping out.

Will they pay for repairs? I have my doubts. The only way to find out is send them all the flight logs and see what they say. Best of luck - none of us likes it when this sort of thing happens and it's not our fault!
where can I speak with DJI directly? Asking because luckly never had to do that... until now.

I'm sure some people will accuse me of being the 'drone police', but that's an incredibly stupid place to be flying. You're only about a mile and a half away from London City Airport, and you're directly in line with the runway. Not a good idea!

I'm sure some people will accuse me of being the 'drone police', but that's an incredibly stupid place to be flying. You're only about a mile and a half away from London City Airport, and you're directly in line with the runway. Not a good idea!
Since the altitude only reached 2.6 feet I doubt any aircraft were endangered.

when I lifted up ATTI mode kicked in and it just started drifting and went straight towards the wall
Your flight log does not show ATTI mode kicking in anywhere. However, it does show your Mavic moved on its own without any stick input.

Perhaps you had a bad compass calibration or there was some type of magnetic metal object near the Mavic.

Location.jpg

Your flight log does not show ATTI mode kicking in anywhere. However, it does show your Mavic moved on its own without any stick input.

Perhaps you had a bad compass calibration or there was some type of magnetic metal object near the Mavic.

View attachment 10704
there was no warning, how am I supposed to know what was the reason? And how to claim the warranty in this case? with phantom I never had problem, and mavic should me more advanced. this is sick, to be honest.
I wrote an e-mail to dji as the chat was not available, I wonder what will be the answer...

there was no warning, how am I supposed to know what was the reason?
Your DAT flight log would reveal whether or not there was magnetic interference in the area. It looks like you took off from concrete. If you did, then that might explain what happened.

Your DAT flight log would reveal whether or not there was magnetic interference in the area. It looks like you took off from concrete. If you did, then that might explain what happened.

I took off the drone from the concrete. Nearest metal object was few meters away and it was just a fence. Log does not make any sense, only warning that appeared was regarding the zone. I know the area, and never go above 20m.

Once the drone was in the air - went straight towards the wall. It looked like the ATTI kicked in.

I could of take it higher and try to land, but here was no point as it was living its own life anyway..

I just wanna know what happened so I am aware in the future. So If you can share with me your thoughts I will be grateful.

I took off the drone from the concrete. Nearest metal object was few meters away and it was just a fence.
Most concrete is reinforced with metal.

Please upload your DAT flight log to dropbox.com and post a link back here. It'll contain additional details that'll explain what happened. If needed, you can find instructions for retrieving the DAT file here.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KevinStudent