DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Driving me crazy.

flemmodk

Reactions
Keep getting these, sometimes they go away other times it just won't fly. Tried on iPad and OnePlus 3 but shows up on both, firmware updated, DJI Go updated. Tried uninstalling and reinstalling.

I'm situated far North with great deviation on the compass and some interference from big radar in some places. But it flies great sometimes but these keeps popping up.

bd47ec908e05ece48b5960ca3101cd2b.jpg

ee757d72119db248d0efa7cd2f0666c5.jpg

Hi flemmodk

Uhhm..looks like insufficent satelites, or excessively high interference...? are you always trying to take off from the same place.../
Waylander

Hey Waylander.

No tried several different places. Last week tried it two times, one was good the other sucked and it lost all connection twice resulting in two flyaways. Luckely i got it back when closing the RC and turning it on again(have it set to hover). Saturday, had a hazzle getting it to fly, but after a while it came on and flew like a dream. Then tried yesterday and no luck again.

Have a Nvidia Shield K1 on the way, will downgrade it to 5.1 and that will be my primary tab for use. So i hope that will do the trick. But i`ll be home for a holiday in 4 weeks in Denmark and then i`ll try it there to see if its the place where i am that gives me all that trouble.

Reactions: waylander
Hey Waylander.

No tried several different places. Last week tried it two times, one was good the other sucked and it lost all connection twice resulting in two flyaways. Luckely i got it back when closing the RC and turning it on again(have it set to hover). Saturday, had a hazzle getting it to fly, but after a while it came on and flew like a dream. Then tried yesterday and no luck again.

Have a Nvidia Shield K1 on the way, will downgrade it to 5.1 and that will be my primary tab for use. So i hope that will do the trick. But i`ll be home for a holiday in 4 weeks in Denmark and then i`ll try it there to see if its the place where i am that gives me all that trouble.
You should not have to downgrade you Shield, it should come with 5.1 out of the box; just make sure you do not do any OTA upgrades (Marshmallow is ok, no higher.)
Regards,
-d.

Reactions: flemmodk
When you say "far North" does that mean you're in the arctic region? I believe DJI recommends flying in ATTI mode in that area, due to the constant compass errors that you'd get, but since Mavics don't have an ATTI mode switch, you can't do that manually.

Hey JLane.

Yep i live and work in the high Artic about 1K miles from the North pole, i read about the compass problem, but we have some guys up with Phantom 4 drones and the can fly up here. So i thought that would go for the mavic too. But ill keep trying otherwise ill maybe try another drone instead, but i sure like the size and style of the mavic, which makes it perfect for all the field trips. Thats why i bought it in the first place.

Hey JLane.

Yep i live and work in the high Artic about 1K miles from the North pole, i read about the compass problem, but we have some guys up with Phantom 4 drones and the can fly up here. So i thought that would go for the mavic too. But ill keep trying otherwise ill maybe try another drone instead, but i sure like the size and style of the mavic, which makes it perfect for all the field trips. Thats why i bought it in the first place.

Per the DJI doc (somewhere) the MP is not designed for high latitude work due to the steep incline of the mag field. Not sure if 1000 miles is close enough to the mag north pole to make that an issue - but very possible.

Yet another area where better GPS/IMU integration would be a benefit.

I'm at ~ 43deg south and I get those warnings now after the last update to 500 ... no problems before ...
I suppose you could try downgrading to .0400 and seeing if it works again.

Reactions: flemmodk
Got my Nvidia shield, the guy had updated it to 7.0 so i downgraded to 6.0. Take it for a test in the weekend if the cold dont stop me. Hope that will help otherwise i might try that JLane.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
svdroneshots