DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Drone Crashes Into Power Lines, Leaves Silicon Valley Homes in the Dark

And now with the Mavic being sold at Costco and Sams Club everybody and their mother will be flying them. You are going to hear more and more stories like this. Doesn't look good...

Reactions: Maxonio
What is wrong with people? Huh? Because of idiots like this one we cannot fly our drone peacefully and there are some many restrictions now :(

Drone Crashes Into Power Lines, Leaves Silicon Valley Homes in the Dark
tens of thousands of us fly are drones peacefully every day!
Thanks @harryb Just didn't have time t check.
"just didn't have time to check"is a terrible excuse for anything, and someone who makes excuses like that will likely be one of the next ones to run into a powerline because they "didn't have time to check". I don't know why people create posts to cause out rage, never made sense to me

Reactions: digdat0
tens of thousands of us fly are drones peacefully every day!

"just didn't have time to check"is a terrible excuse for anything, and someone who makes excuses like that will likely be one of the next ones to run into a powerline because they "didn't have time to check". I don't know why people create posts to cause out rage, never made sense to me

First of all, injecting yourself into the random conversation with your arguments is not polite.

I've been flying my drone accident free since March and I'm smart enough to not to fly it near by the power lines. I have enough time to read what i find useful to fly my drone safely. I just said "didn't have time to check" because i did not have time to check if similar post existed, my apologies if my post offended you in any way.

What's your problem? I can see you got plenty of time to waste to argue with forum members. Good luck with that.

Accidents happen, how many cars have crashed into power poles where people have lost power do we now outlaw cars? Was he doing something stupid, or did he not see the power lines. How many of us have never had a mishap?

Reactions: digdat0

@dirtybum.... Just why? Don't be a d*ick, bro.

Reactions: Valdez and frankiez
Accidents happen, how many cars have crashed into power poles where people have lost power do we now outlaw cars? Was he doing something stupid, or did he not see the power lines. How many of us have never had a mishap?

Most incidents with cars into power poles is not due to a "loss of power", it's usually drugs/alcohol, or a combination thereof, and yes, that is major STUPID/illegal/deadly.

As to the drone operator, yes, he did something stupid: he did not check his environment before he spooled up and launched.

Period.

And yes, every person does make errors here and there in life, some more than others (see above) and hopefully we learn from those errors.

But I have been around other drone/uav folks, and all seemed to take care and safety into first account. BUT, I have also been around a few owner/operators that should NEVER have one of these in their possession, you could just see "the incident coming down the road".......

When they show up, I land, quietly pack up, and leave the scene before it happens......

Reactions: Maxonio and colinG
Yep .... cell phones kill people every day because people are looking at them and not the road. Yet they don't outlaw cell phones or develop the software to disable Text while in motion which would be a no-brainer.

Reactions: frankiez
Given the usual distance between the wires of a high voltage power run that had to me a massive drone to short between two wires, and also must have been metal arms to cause the short and fry the network. Sounds like a news beat up to me.....

Reactions: grizzard
Yep .... cell phones kill people every day because people are looking at them and not the road. Yet they don't outlaw cell phones or develop the software to disable Text while in motion which would be a no-brainer.

Well actually yes.. in Australia it's an on the spot $325 fine for HOLDING your phone while driving or even while stationary at an intersection. And yes, ios11 will have a profile to detect when in a vehicle and will disable incoming and outgoing texts and other alerts...

Well actually yes.. in Australia it's an on the spot $325 fine for HOLDING your phone while driving or even while stationary at an intersection. And yes, ios11 will have a profile to detect when in a vehicle and will disable incoming and outgoing texts and other alerts...
I think many drones have carbon fibre or durable plastic .... seems like a short would be unlikely. It should be mandatory in America but most politicians are too busy raking in the money ....

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929