DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Drone Fishing - Mavic Pro Recues Kayak With Fishing Lure

Impressive & daring giving all the flying over water horror stories. Good job!

That is crazy (for me) to see a canal right next to the basement of a building (nice to go fishing) are there a lot of building like that in Maine?

Great effort and good result! Obviously the kayak displaces little water and rides high but with it being so close to the weir I would have been worried that it might go over the waterfall and take the Mavic with it. Excellent catch.

Took a big chance that it wasn't stuck because once you hooked on you were stuck there too. I guess you could have landed on the kayak and waited for a Phantom to show up.

This is kinda amazing, kinda crazy. Think I'd rather chuck a log at the kayak and retrieve it downriver rather than risk losing my bird.

Kudo for the balls of steel though.

Thought you were going to tow it back with the Mavic at first! How did you set it up to be able to release the line?

Na, not long after he hooks up the lure you see the line go limp at the 50 second mark as it drops from the drone, then the drone pans back as the kayak is pulled in a different direction to the drone while the drone films it.

It looks like there are 2 drones filming the rescue mission as the Mavic appears in the beginning and after the 50 second mark the kayak is moving upstream against the current so something is pulling it, either the drone or they took the end of the line to someone on the bank with the drone. The direction of the pull in relation to the drone isn't known since you don't know which drone is filming. The details aren't what's important, the fact that the Mavic was instrumental in the recovery of the kayak is what makes this very cool.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54