DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Drone Harmony Mission Planner - Beta released!

This looks very exciting, based just on the videos in the OP. I've downloaded it, am headed to the Sierra Nevada mountains today, and will give it a test drive over some spectacular wilderness.

One idea comes immediately to mind, though: Take a look at exporting a Google Earth tour for the planned mission that can be played in Google Earth. This would provide as realistic a simulation of the actual mission as you can get. Maybe even integrate GE directly into the app so no export is necessary -- just hit the "fly simulation" button or something.

This is a crude example of what I'm talking about: Litchi: New terrain-following workflow

dwallersv, this is a great idea! We planned to look into kml integration for importing data into an app, but looks like exporting can also have value. Thanks for the suggestion, we will look into possible such integrations. Enjoy flying today in Sierra Nevada!

Thank you for your interest, we are glad you like it. Unfortunately we did not have yet the time to build an iOS version. We had to focus on one platform for now. If things go right in the future we will definitely look into building an iOS version as well.

On a side note: We saw from the discussions here that many users had stability issues with Android and DJI. We did put in a lot of effort to make our mission planner stable on Android, give it a try.
I think you should have started with IOS as the majority of users fly with iOS! My opinion!

hi, which brand of tablet do you recommend , i like a bigger screen , don't really want to use my phone.

hi, which brand of tablet do you recommend , i like a bigger screen , don't really want to use my phone.

Hi ro7all,

We rather point out which tablets not to get. Devices with known issues we list in our FAQ. All tablets that are not Intel (x86) based and have an Android >= 5.0 installed should be fine. Some Samsung tablets have a general DJI connectivity difficulty, but this can be overcome with a workaround also described in our FAQ.

We are developing mostly with Sony Xperia tablets, which we can recommend to you.

Best regards,
DH Team

Hi ro7all,

We rather point out which tablets not to get. Devices with known issues we list in our FAQ. All tablets that are not Intel (x86) based and have an Android >= 5.0 installed should be fine. Some Samsung tablets have a general DJI connectivity difficulty, but this can be overcome with a workaround also described in our FAQ.

We are developing mostly with Sony Xperia tablets, which we can recommend to you.

Best regards,
DH Team

hi, just received my new tablet, won't let me download the app, please help20170713_162803.jpg

You can download the DJI GO 4 APK here and sideload it like this.

Lost my mavic pro, while flying a way point mission. It just disconnected and never came back. Where do I find the flight logs for drone harmony?

Hello mryeje,

We are sorry to hear you lost your drone. Every automatic waypoint mission is recorded and appears in form of a icon at the top. Here is an example:

dh_flightplanner_select_recordedflight.png

In case you cleaned your flights or flight plans already you can load them again through the Menu > Plans & Flights. Here is an example:

dh_load_stored_recorded_flight.png

When you select your flight (tap on the icon) you see the recorded flight path. At the point where you lost connection the app obviously can not record the flight anymore. This would be the location where the communication was lost, but it does NOT mean that that your drone crashed or landed there. The reason is that the behavior of your drone when losing connection depends on what you were recording with your flight. We explain this in our FAQ section:

upload_2017-7-14_10-18-44.png
If you do not manage to find your drone location with the above visualizations of the recorded flight plan, you may also consult the recorded flight logs by DJI. They are stored your on your mobile device under DJI > SDK_logs. In case of mavic the appropriate folder there is called FoldingDrone. In the log file (look for the latest changed .txt file) you can search for "Location" and you will find entries like these:

SDKCache Value Change Key=FlightController/AircraftLocationLongitude;Old=8.337187031314405;NewValue=8.337186963006515
Probably the last entry will be the last communicated GPS location that the remote controller recieved from the drone.

We hope you will find your drone!

Best regards,
DH Team

Thanks for the quick reply. Is there anyway to export the waypoints to google maps? or see my current location in droneharmony so I know if I'm approaching a way point?

Thanks for the quick reply. Is there anyway to export the waypoints to google maps? or see my current location in droneharmony so I know if I'm approaching a way point?

Hey mryeje,

We will send you in a few minutes a pm with a private installation file. You will see with this version a location marker at the location of your mobile device. That marker will be included in the next official version as well. Hopefully this will help locating your drone.

Best regards,
DH Team

Reactions: mryeje
Hey mryeje,

We will send you in a few minutes a pm with a private installation file. You will see with this version a location marker at the location of your mobile device. That marker will be included in the next official version as well. Hopefully this will help locating your drone.

Best regards,
DH Team
Wow, thanks for the quick reply and support. This update will be very helpful. thanks!

Hey mryeje,

Best regards,
DH Team
Does Drone Harmony store video cache on my phone?

Does Drone Harmony store video cache on my phone?
No, at the moment there is no video caching.
Since you were flying a video mission, the drone is programmed to continue mission after it lost connection and reach the landing (green dot) point. Assuming it had a lot of battery left, the fact that it didnt come back means that it could not complete the path, likely because of a crash along the remainder of the path. I would start the search from the point connection was lost and continue along it paying attention to high trees (where it could be caught by branches, the drone sensors are not always able to notice them).
As a general note, since there are is no elevation information in the app currently, the elevation change for large missions can be very deceptive, e.g. trees far away may be much higher relative to start altitude.
We hope you can find the drone.

No, at the moment there is no video caching.
Since you were flying a video mission, the drone is programmed to continue mission after it lost connection and reach the landing (green dot) point. Assuming it had a lot of battery left, the fact that it didnt come back means that it could not complete the path, likely because of a crash along the remainder of the path. I would start the search from the point connection was lost and continue along it paying attention to high trees (where it could be caught by branches, the drone sensors are not always able to notice them).
As a general note, since there are is no elevation information in the app currently, the elevation change for large missions can be very deceptive, e.g. trees far away may be much higher relative to start altitude.
We hope you can find the drone.
I assumed relative positioning, the drone left at a high elevation and I'm certain it was at least 20m above the trees when the signal was lost. There was about 68 percent of the battery life left and 10 seconds after I lost the signal, I held the controller's rth button down. It was about 45m up and 900m out with no wind and 68 percent battery.
Last night I extracted the controller's blackbox data, it had a bunch of files but one was called fatal.log. It is encrypted so I can't read it; however, I'm almost certain there was a malfunction in the drone or battery.

"(where it could be caught by branches, the drone sensors are not always able to notice them)"

During a mission the sensors are enabled?? wow! :O

so, in the case of a phantom 4 pro, would the obstacle avoidance and sensors work during a mission? (not needed if the planing of obstacles is well done)

GREAT JOB droneharmony! best planner app! continue and prosper =)

"(where it could be caught by branches, the drone sensors are not always able to notice them)"

During a mission the sensors are enabled?? wow! :O

so, in the case of a phantom 4 pro, would the obstacle avoidance and sensors work during a mission? (not needed if the planing of obstacles is well done)

GREAT JOB droneharmony! best planner app! continue and prosper =)

Hi nightgost,

Thank you for your feedback.

DJI's obstacle detection and avoidance functionality is on during automatic missions (each DJI model has different detection features, the Phantom 4 Pro has sideways and frontal obstacle detection). This feature is not unique to our planner and is likely to be used by other planning applications too.

Allow us a word of warning: DJI's obstacle detection is vision based. Therefore the obstacle detection quality depends on the flight speed, environment lighting, obstacle size and angling towards the drone. That's why we highly recommend to only fly automatic missions when you are confident that your drone will be reasonably far away from obstacles. It is good to know that there is an additional builtin safeguard layer by DJI, but it is not good enough to rely on it.

Happy flying,
DH Team

Last edited by a moderator:
I assumed relative positioning, the drone left at a high elevation and I'm certain it was at least 20m above the trees when the signal was lost. There was about 68 percent of the battery life left and 10 seconds after I lost the signal, I held the controller's rth button down. It was about 45m up and 900m out with no wind and 68 percent battery.
Last night I extracted the controller's blackbox data, it had a bunch of files but one was called fatal.log. It is encrypted so I can't read it; however, I'm almost certain there was a malfunction in the drone or battery.

Hello mryeje,

We just added a .csv export functionality which allows you to look at your waypoints in google maps. We will send you your csv file and instructions on how to use it in a pm.

Best regards,
DH Team

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada