DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Drone - How to save my baby

b.lamp

Reactions
Hey Guys/Gals,

Just bought a new Mavic and flew it around in an open field.

After nearly crashing a few times, I thought about the need for a system to ensure it does not crash...

I've done some research, but I am wondering if you have any input on the parachute systems that are offered - e.g., Mars Parachute or Parazero.

Let go of both sticks, it will stop and hover where it is.

Buy a sub 100 quadcopter with no gps, altitude hold etc if you want to learn to fly

Reactions: scooot
How are you almost crashing in an open field? Seriously, its almost impossible.

No direct blame pointed at the op here.I just think some are not reading and understanding the manual properly before flight.
I read a post the other day where someone mentioned they had ONLY crashed 3 times but no major damage.
I would be gutted if I crashed once even if no damage occurred.

Reactions: Cut.Aussie
Hey Guys/Gals,

After nearly crashing a few times, I thought about the need for a system to ensure it does not crash...

I've done some research, but I am wondering if you have any input on the parachute systems that are offered - e.g., Mars Parachute or Parazero.

Parachute system for Mavic

Maybe you should experiment with the different stick modes? The standard stick mode didn't work for me. I switched to mode 3. Also maybe you should just fly in beginner mode or tripod mode for a while.

Keep your craft above the tree line; ensure line of sight; and have a suitable landing area.

The parachute systems are kinda heavy. I think they would only work during a catastrophic failure at altitude. Power loss; prop/motor failure.

You would also need good reflexes if the parachute system did not deploy automatically.

Hey Guys/Gals,

Waste if time. These are intended for high altitude flights usually by professionals.

A parachute will not stop you from crashing. Even if you did have a parachute the chances are the damage is already done.

I would suggest, as many others have; buy a cheap quad, learn to fly without all the luxuries.

That’s the only reliable way to prevent a crash.

These things aren’t toys. Be careful.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
valter123