DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Drone Insurance for Liability?

MavicMo

Reactions
Checked with State Farm, that $60 a year policy is for loss or damage of your drone and does not include Liability insurance.

I checked around and its about $1200 USD a year for liability insurance for a hobbyist. Was wondering if anyone found one for maybe closer to 200-300 a year for a hobbyist?

My home owner's policy says they'd evaluate the claim on a case-by-case basis... so that is definitely not an option. Other insurance companies aren't clear as to whether or what they will clearly cover when it comes to a drone.

I'm a member of the AMA which offers liability insurance as part of their membership, but I've been hearing grumblings that the AMA may start putting caveats as to when they'll actually cover a claim. So it may be totally subjective.

$1,200 a year...what are they smoking? You can do more damage/harm with an auto and my full coverage for my Benz is only $950 annual.

Exactly! My two motorcycles with full coverage ($500 deductible) is under $500 a year!

$1,200 a year...what are they smoking? You can do more damage/harm with an auto and my full coverage for my Benz is only $950 annual.

Check this site:

IDRA Drone Racing

The insurance is 165$/year, if I remember correctly.

(not running at the moment but it is certainly momentary)

MK
As per their website:

Approved "Pilots": ALL IDRA MEMBERS who are properly certified per the FAA and IDRA Safety Guidelines!

As per their website:

Approved "Pilots": ALL IDRA MEMBERS who are properly certified per the FAA and IDRA Safety Guidelines!

The insurance is included with the membership, as they explained me.

Even I, as a foreigner, am eligible.

I am just detecting some reluctance in providing me with the full policy so I can read the terms before applying for membership.

I can't understand how these and other entities seem to think that anyone would purchase any kind of insurance without reading the actual policy.

MK

Reactions: mmunchies
Hmm...I guess its better to call then to apply online because the form states to upload a copy of Pilot's License

upload_2017-2-10_18-39-49.png

WoW that is crazy for liability cover. In the UK it is ~$20 (yes twenty) for £5 Million cover yearly.

I insured with State Farm. $50. I registered with FAA as commercial. I will primarily will be using it to revise my kayak and canoe paddling guide book. In my area, many of the routes involve tidal areas. I plan on doing photos of the various area at high and then low tides which should give a good visual view of the impacts of tides. State Farm said if I am flying it for fun, liability is covered. When flying for commercial use, no liability is covered.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
valter123