They have a kmz file there with the different airspace categories:
Airspace classification in Portugal:
“Regulamento RPA_ver_3.0.kmz”
Specific areas in Lisbon:
“Areas_Lisboa.kmz”

Basics:

1- Do not fly above groups of more than 12 people
2-To fly a drone with a TOW above 25kg you need ANAC´s authorization
3-For night flights, for flights above 120m and BLOS flights, you need ANAC´s authorization
4- Do not fly over restricted, forbidden, dangerous, reserved, or temporary reserved areas, like military facilities, state buildings, embassies, prisons and educational facilities like schools or universities.
5-If you want to take pictures or record a movie you need a special authorization issued by AAN (autoridade aeronautica nacional)
6- You're allowed to fly over national parks if they're not in a restrict zone (check the kmz's), however you need to ask a permission to the park's management bureau
7- To fly in coastal areas like beaches or cliffs you need a permission from the Capitania do Porto of the place you want to fly (Capitania do Porto - Port authority)
8- Respect other people's privacy
9- Do not fly close to buildings, near national monuments and in urban areas unless you have an authorization from ANAC

ANAC - Autoridade Nacional de Aviação Civil
AAN - Autoridade Aeronáutica Nacional

Conclusion:
If you want to avoid bureaucracy/legal stuff stay under 120, do not fly at night, keep your flight LOS, respect the no fly zones and get the needed permissions for your flight, according with the place you're planning to fly.

I hope this can be useful...

Reactions: USAirborne
Hello,
Is there someone that had already requested to AAN the authorisation to take pics and videos and get an answer?

Hello,
Is there someone that had already requested to AAN the authorisation to take pics and videos and get an answer?

No, I'm going next week, but I've got no answer yet. Don't think I'll get one. I think you notify them by sending in the form and that's it.

I’ve just walked through the door home from a holiday in Portugal - the Algarve to be precise.

I flew off the cliffs around Falesia and didn’t face any issues or questions - except one annoyed woman from the beach.

The GNR saw me and weren’t bothered.

Not saying I was strictly legit but I didn’t face any challenges. Will post some footage soon.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929