DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Drone losing connection at 500 meters

Cairan05

Reactions
Hello would really appreciate if anyone could help me out. I live in the uk and have had my DJI mavic pro for just over a week now... I have tried to fly over 500 meters a couple of times now an the connection on the remote. I have tried moving the antennas an positioning them differently with no luck. Anyone be able to help me with it?

Are there any obstacles in your way or are you flying on flat ground? How high up are you flying? The higher up you are, the better chance of getting a signal if you're 500 meters away.

Are there any obstacles in your way or are you flying on flat ground? How high up are you flying? The higher up you are, the better chance of getting a signal if you're 500 meters away.
There are a few houses... not all flat. An the hight I have tried 100 meters still no joy with that.

I fly in London i can get signal loss at 400 m or 2200 metres lol purely depends on where i am and what us around. 500 m in city areas iseems normal. Urban i get maybe 1500 and rural i get at most 2.5 kilos i am on 0600 on 0400 i was getting slightly better at 2500 to 2800 rural.

In Thailand now i am getting 4500 m with 3 bars still available sometimes 4

I just did 4500 m and had minor signal loss warnings

Yesterday i did 4 kilos twice no issues or warnings at all

Mavics can be like my GF SKETCHY AT THE BEST IF TIMES

To eliminate all your doubts you have to at least do one true LOS test run from a hill top While flying across a level field, that will settle all doubt as to if your Tx and Rx are up to standard.

Reactions: Cairan05
I'm fairly rural and ran my drone down a pipeline cut about 1400 meters from me and never dropped off 5 bars. I was pleased. Of course I was at the highest point in the area for many miles around and the drone was probably 175 feet up. I'm quite sure I could have gone the max distance. I would love to see a comparison of someone who gets range like I do and bring that same drone to a place where people are having issues with range and do a thorough test, or the opposite. I could have literally gone another several miles in either direction from my vantage point. Anyone in NorthWest NJ wants to know where, I'll be glad to show you.

Hello would really appreciate if anyone could help me out. I live in the uk and have had my DJI mavic pro for just over a week now... I have tried to fly over 500 meters a couple of times now an the connection on the remote. I have tried moving the antennas an positioning them differently with no luck. Anyone be able to help me with it?

The RC antennas need to be at approx 45 degree angle with the flat side facing you.
This is an old video but still very relevant.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SkyTechDji