DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Drone registration in Russian - pls help

buzzy_peeper

Reactions
Hi - I'm a US citizen traveling to Stockholm, St. Petersburg and Russia. I have not been able to find the how to register my drone online. Can anyone help point me in the right direction.

Also, is there any risk of my drone being confiscated by customs if I can't register it?

I'm leaving in a few hours for my trip and I'm nervously debating bring my drone. Any help is much appreciated.

Buzzy aka James

Hello Buzzy, i just read your post while i was my self searching for more info related to these registration form.
I'm going in russia next week and i'm exactly like you were... i'm debating bringing my drone. Have you returned from Russia ? can you tell me if you encountered issues with the custom in Moscow ? I was in transit in Mexico city airport last week, i came from Lima and i had to passed the custom to get an other flight for Paris, in the same airport. Those B**** just made me paid $224 because i brought a drone on their territory, and they pretended they didn't have any proof i bought it in my country. I explained i bought in from France and i show them the official receipt on my smartphone, but they just didn't give a s.. Originally they asked me for 96% of the price of the drone. It was totally insane. So i don't want to have this issue in the custom in Russia. So bring it or not to bring..that is the question. Please if you have some tips or feedback i wild really need for it.all the best. dei.

Reactions: buzzy_peeper
Hi skyway - I've returned from Russia and had no issues flying there. I was only in St Petersburg but encountered no issues through customs or flying it. Use common sense when flying in Moscow and obviously stay away from sensitive state buildings or areas. I heard that they do mess with GSP in some sensitive locations. I suggest trying to be as discrete as possible by taking off in not very populated areas and then flying towards your subject. Overall, use common sense, but you should bring your drone. I don't think you will run into any issues at customs. See some shots below of St Petersburg
fed5d6749f303546017161abf0020e7a.jpg
fbc34b42cca5140b346a8e1e461299f2.jpg
80a35fd62b842b570ee1ac03cb8ffdfc.jpg
follow me on Instagram @buzzypeeper for more shots! Good luck and let me know if you have any questions

Thank you so much my friend for you reply. On my side, i will go in Siberia, in desert area. So i guess it will be perfect !!! thank you so much for the time you took to answer me.
By the way : nice shots !

all the best

I brought mine in Russia no problems, and actually there are not too many drone fliers creating havoc out there, customs was no issue i even left it packed in its original packing (Uk side never even looked so no taxes paid)

As for flying there, just be sensibl, its a bit like Thailand in that respect (i just looked at the DJI map for no fly zones in Thailand and there are not any according to DJI)

Russia is cool with drones for the most part

Thank you so much my friend for you reply. On my side, i will go in Siberia, in desert area. So i guess it will be perfect !!! thank you so much for the time you took to answer me.
By the way : nice shots !

all the best

No problem! Good much and post your shots when you get back!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
svdroneshots