DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Drone Registration in the USA

Raptorman

Reactions
I have the Inspire 1 Pro drone and had to register before flying but that was in January so my memory of what's required for a second drone is not 100%. I seem to recall the drone itself will not need to be registered but I will need to affix my registration info to the drone as I did with the I1. Is that about right? Will I need to update the FAA on my second drone?

Brian

You are registered . Use the same # you were given on all your birds as long as your just a hobby flyer .

You just need to affix your FAA number to the new drone. Basically the number identifies you, so doesn't matter if you have one drone or twenty, they all need the same number.

Yeah, that is what I thought -- just wanted confirmation.

Sorry for posting in the wrong sub-forum.

Yeah, that is what I thought -- just wanted confirmation.

Sorry for posting in the wrong sub-forum.
Is not a problem .We're just getting everything set up :)

You just need to affix your FAA number to the new drone. Basically the number identifies you, so doesn't matter if you have one drone or twenty, they all need the same number.

SWEET! :)

I have already registered to use my Phantom 2... I thought I would have to register my Mavic too. But after reading this I'm happy to see that I don't!! :)

I am looking for information, regarding non-US residents, bringing their Mavics to the US.
In Canada Drone registration is not required (Yet).
One of the factors in getting the Mavic is its portability.
We are snowbirds, and spend a couple of months in the warmer weather the US offers.
I checked the FAA site, but couldn't find anything specific to non resident registration.
There is a link to apply for registration, but the link only works on computers with a US IP address.
Any other non residents here have any thoughts?

Edit
NB. Tried again on the FAA registration site, using my mobile phone, and it worked!!
sUAS Registration

I'm all legal now. Not sure if the Mavic is big enough to fit all the #'s on it yet.

Not too happy that it cost me $6.59 of my Canadian pesos!! ;-)

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rapidair