DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Drone training in Ireland

Alex Baxter

Reactions
I've just completed stage one of the commercial licence in Ireland with iFly technology based near Dublin. I can't big these guys up enough, two days of intensive paperwork, made interesting and entertaining. There's nothing they don't know, well done lads. Home

Sent from my Nexus 9 using MavicPilots mobile app

I've just completed stage one of the commercial licence in Ireland with iFly technology based near Dublin. I can't big these guys up enough, two days of intensive paperwork, made interesting and entertaining. There's nothing they don't know, well done lads. Home

Hi Alex, my wife is irish, and I plan on bringing my Mavic when we go over to Dublin to see family and such. Is there anything i should be aware of, bringing a drone over there to fly?

Congrats .. such a beautiful landscaped country Ireland is .. I'm sure with more stringent ruling coming ahead more and more schools will pop up making this a viable business source too !!

Congrats .. such a beautiful landscaped country Ireland is .. I'm sure with more stringent ruling coming ahead more and more schools will pop up making this a viable business source too !!
And I'm lucky enough to travel the length and breadth going about my work, so many opportunities, so little time...

Hi Alex, my wife is irish, and I plan on bringing my Mavic when we go over to Dublin to see family and such. Is there anything i should be aware of, bringing a drone over there to fly?
IAA rules are here.
Drones
If it's the Mavic, you don't have to register, it's under 1kg. Drones are few and far between here, and some farmers here, like the world over, I'm sure, would like to, and believe they legally can, get their shotgun out. It's not malice, just a farmer thing. I met one today in deepest Kerry (Caherciveen) but within 10 minutes we were best buddies. Please engage with the people that are curious, a bit mad, or just plain nuts (we have a lot of them), be friendly and make time to talk to them all. Never be in a rush to do anything in Ireland, I'm sure your wife will already have told you all this. What part would you be going to?

Reactions: ArcticFlightman
IAA rules are here.
Drones
If it's the Mavic, you don't have to register, it's under 1kg. Drones are few and far between here, and some farmers here, like the world over, I'm sure, would like to, and believe they legally can, get their shotgun out. It's not malice, just a farmer thing. I met one today in deepest Kerry (Caherciveen) but within 10 minutes we were best buddies. Please engage with the people that are curious, a bit mad, or just plain nuts (we have a lot of them), be friendly and make time to talk to them all. Never be in a rush to do anything in Ireland, I'm sure your wife will already have told you all this. What part would you be going to?

Ok, thanks for the tips Alex! I will bear that in mind. Usually we go to Dublin, where my inlaws live, have been to some places around Dublin. Been to Donegal once, and loved it up there. We will go back there some other time , to visit family and such. Many nice places in Ireland and scenery, should be great for some drone footage! :)

Dublin is solid with NFZ, you'll need to get out into the sticks. Donegal is my home county, Milford my home town, and I still find Donegal breathtaking.

Reactions: ArcticFlightman
Dublin is solid with NFZ, you'll need to get out into the sticks. Donegal is my home county, Milford my home town, and I still find Donegal breathtaking.
Ok, I can pretend to be the ignorant tourist then! ;-) Absolutely agree about Donegal, mostly been to Malin and around Malin head and that peninsula. Real nice! :)

Reactions: Alex Baxter
I'm visiting in August on a buddy golf outing to Old Head, Waterville, Ballybunion, Tralee, Lahinch and Doonbeg. Anyone know if you can fly at these locations?

I'm visiting in August on a buddy golf outing to Old Head, Waterville, Ballybunion, Tralee, Lahinch and Doonbeg. Anyone know if you can fly at these locations?
Get the Airmap app, it'll give you good guidance on NFZs in Ireland, get UAV Forecast too, to help with those wet and windy days we get. I'd also suggest you get the Met Eireann app too, it's got a weather radar, so you can see those incoming showers.
Other than the weather, it's a wonderful country for drones

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
svdroneshots