DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Drone World Maxx Mod

Turnerm

Reactions
I've just ordered a second radio controller because I want to have a modded one for use with third party antennas as well as the stock one.

Anyone have any experience with Drone World and their Maxx Modd kit? I like the idea of ordering the kit that comes with three antenna options and then sending them my second controller for them to mod it.

Thoughts? Experiences?

I've just ordered a second radio controller because I want to have a modded one for use with third party antennas as well as the stock one.

Anyone have any experience with Drone World and their Maxx Modd kit? I like the idea of ordering the kit that comes with three antenna options and then sending them my second controller for them to mod it.

Thoughts? Experiences?
Sent my Mavic remote to Drone World to have the Maxx Mod kit installed. Had it back in exactly one-week. I had no problem with the Drone World service. However, IMO, the antenna system was a joke. Cheap 3D printed pieces of plastic and wire that had no significant improvement in signal strength. Used it for a few days and figured it really wasn't for me.

About that time, I stumbled upon Titan Drones. For just a few bucks more they offered what appeared to be quality amplified drone antennas. Looking at their website, I decided to give the Atlas model a go. However, just before I pulled the trigger, I decided to give Titan a call just to make sure I wasn't making another expensive mistake. I believe the guy I spoke to was named James. Very knowledgeable and didn't mind spending time answering all my questions. Based on my urban environment, he recommended the Atlas system which is an amplified system with two antennas attached to it. James told me that realistically, I would experience a 25%-50% increase in range. This was perfect because I only needed a couple hundred more feet to monitor my short-term rental property that was only 1,900 feet away. Nevertheless, James just fed me the facts and let me decide for myself. I completed my purchase online within 5 minutes of talking to him. Less than two days later, my new Titan Atlas system arrived.

Unlike the Maxx Mod system, the Titan system is not a toy designed to make your controller look "cool." This baby is the real deal. Quality construction throughout but a bit on the heavy side which is fine by me. I like quality. The challenge I had was retro-fitting the Titan system to the Maxx Modded remote. First of all, the connections are not the same. However, at the time of my order, James had the wherewithal to ask me if I was changing from a different system and made sure to include the appropriate connections. Though I appreciate that, the connections were a bit still a bit short so I ordered a couple longer ones from Amazon. That and a little 30lb double sided tape, problem solved.

Tested out the Atlas system and my Mavic cruised out to my rental without signal loss. Kept going after that and got the Mavic out another half-mile beyond my rental which exceeded my expectations of the Atlas unit. I live in an area with lots of interference so I am never going to get the full potential of the signal. The Atlas system gives me the extra power I need to get the job done.

In short, I'm kind of pissed that I had to spend twice to get it right. Usually, I like to pay more to do it right the first time. With that said, I would avoid the Maxx Mod and just call James or whomever at Titan Drones. They will listen to your needs and pair you up with the system that's right for you. BTW, I am a real user of these products and not some paid shill. Even though this is my first post here, this has been my honest opinion and nothing more.

Sent my Mavic remote to Drone World to have the Maxx Mod kit installed. Had it back in exactly one-week. I had no problem with the Drone World service. However, IMO, the antenna system was a joke. Cheap 3D printed pieces of plastic and wire that had no significant improvement in signal strength. Used it for a few days and figured it really wasn't for me.

About that time, I stumbled upon Titan Drones. For just a few bucks more they offered what appeared to be quality amplified drone antennas. Looking at their website, I decided to give the Atlas model a go. However, just before I pulled the trigger, I decided to give Titan a call just to make sure I wasn't making another expensive mistake. I believe the guy I spoke to was named James. Very knowledgeable and didn't mind spending time answering all my questions. Based on my urban environment, he recommended the Atlas system which is an amplified system with two antennas attached to it. James told me that realistically, I would experience a 25%-50% increase in range. This was perfect because I only needed a couple hundred more feet to monitor my short-term rental property that was only 1,900 feet away. Nevertheless, James just fed me the facts and let me decide for myself. I completed my purchase online within 5 minutes of talking to him. Less than two days later, my new Titan Atlas system arrived.

Unlike the Maxx Mod system, the Titan system is not a toy designed to make your controller look "cool." This baby is the real deal. Quality construction throughout but a bit on the heavy side which is fine by me. I like quality. The challenge I had was retro-fitting the Titan system to the Maxx Modded remote. First of all, the connections are not the same. However, at the time of my order, James had the wherewithal to ask me if I was changing from a different system and made sure to include the appropriate connections. Though I appreciate that, the connections were a bit still a bit short so I ordered a couple longer ones from Amazon. That and a little 30lb double sided tape, problem solved.

Tested out the Atlas system and my Mavic cruised out to my rental without signal loss. Kept going after that and got the Mavic out another half-mile beyond my rental which exceeded my expectations of the Atlas unit. I live in an area with lots of interference so I am never going to get the full potential of the signal. The Atlas system gives me the extra power I need to get the job done.

In short, I'm kind of pissed that I had to spend twice to get it right. Usually, I like to pay more to do it right the first time. With that said, I would avoid the Maxx Mod and just call James or whomever at Titan Drones. They will listen to your needs and pair you up with the system that's right for you. BTW, I am a real user of these products and not some paid shill. Even though this is my first post here, this has been my honest opinion and nothing more.
I’m thinking about getting the atlas too. I emailed them at 10pm at night and he responded right away every time to my questions. He pointed me to a new option the have called a switch kit that you can get that is basically an atlas kit but with the option to add a long range antenna later if you want. The only decision I’m still deciding on is if I want the 2.4 or 5.8 kit.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kmikebennett