DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Drones banned in Sacramento County Parks

i_am_tad

Reactions
Hello all,

I'm a newer drone pilot and new to the board. In my local area, the county has banned drones at the local/public parks. Here is the story:

Drones banned at Sacramento County parks

What do you think about this new regulation? Over reaction to increase of pilots? I'm curious to hear what some more experienced pilots and enthusiasts think. Thanks for sharing your opinions.

Last edited:
Ugh, California sucks, They ban everything fun. Beautiful state crappy laws. Lived there once and moved cause I couldn't stand their laws effecting one of my other hobbies, Thought about moving back to Sacramento and now this.. Looks like i'm not going back.

Reactions: ibatman
Ugh, California sucks, They ban everything fun. Beautiful state crappy laws. Lived there once and moved cause I couldn't stand their laws effecting one of my other hobbies, Thought about moving back to Sacramento and now this.. Looks like i'm not going back.

Yes I have my challenges with the state legislature. That's probably a discussion for another day (and forum).

I'm not sure how to consider this as a newer drone owner/flier.

Yes I have my challenges with the state legislature. That's probably a discussion for another day (and forum).

I'm not sure how to consider this as a newer drone owner/flier.
It just sucks because where are you going to fly now? Parking lots? Where you could get in trouble by security and police. Possibly cited for loitering? California pretty much is a no fun state.

It just sucks because where are you going to fly now? Parking lots? Where you could get in trouble by security and police. Possibly cited for loitering? California pretty much is a no fun state.

It looks like this is what we are reduced to. I went out to the country area to fly today.. however there is an air show going on - turned back - figured it was bad timing to be near that. I would have been outside the 5 mile radius but didn't want to take a chance... not clear on any staging areas for the air show.

Reactions: Kestrel and ibatman

^^ True to that, it will all happen. Find a big open lot, you are likely trespassing, Go near the beach the police will come. Fly over a big lake, you are in state park,

I am a native born and raised Californian (SF Bay Area) and everything that becomes fun to do, seemingly becomes illegal to do or participate in no time. While I can support some controls the quick knee jerk response is always "Ban" and to make effective and a deterrent they always add heavy fines for the "Fear Factor". Now you couple this with the fact most Californians are huge complainers so if you go do it, someone will call the police. Then comes the court appearances and blah blah

I know if I still lived there and I would have never bought a drone and quite a few other hobby things I have now.

As was stated, California is a beautiful state but way over governed and controlled.

Good Luck flying. Maybe DJI can come up with a stealth whisper mode California model ;)

I have not been able to find any solid information on any county web or by phone, but it looks to be just regional parks. The American river parkway being one of the ones I love to fly at.
I am wondering if flying from outside the park could also get you in trouble as there a few class G airspace areas along the parkway that the FAA says it is fine to fly in. I believe the FAA is the governing body for the airspace park or no park.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bigbrute