DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Drones in Dubai

Falkenfisch

Reactions
Are there any Problems to get my Mavic to Dubai? I heard, that they will confiscating all drones at the airport? Want to stay there one week and will have a criuse ship for an added week from there.
Has anybody made new experiences?

You are going to be fine in Dubai, but not in the cruise ship. Cruise ships confiscate the drones and do not return them until the end of the cruise unless you work something out directly with them before hand. Do not try to talk to the cruise line at the port about the drone, I would call the reservations line.

Drones transiting Dubai are fine through the airport as long as you follow the normal battery rules that apply with most international airports. If you wish to use the drone whilst in Dubai you require a licence, which takes longer than a week to get. It's up to you if you fly it here but be warned there are many No Fly zones and they're clamping down on unlicensed activities with hefty fines and jail time.

Reactions: Jainer
As I am flying through Dubai to the Maldives, I wanted to see if anyone could help give me some guidelines to follow.

Put in carry on or not. Also I will wrap all batteries in individual anti fire cover besides one inserted into mavic?

Any other suggestions? Do I need to mention it to anyone?

Guys any advice before applying for certificate and any idea about the questions , any tips ?

Apparently to get a licence nowadays you have to attend a training and pass an exam in UAE, which mean you can't really do that in advance before coming to the country anymore? Moreover online it requires an emirates ID…
Any advise on the current process?

Visited Dubai last week and got the Mavic up for a very brief couple of flights, hid away from other people (which is surprisingly hard here) felt a little uncomfortable though without the license, specially in spots where there is heli tours so kept it short.

Speaking on behalf of a mate [emoji848]
a30fbd413107115a6c75d4a73c7386dc.jpg
a917c44e334512681c73ddfc5464255b.jpg

The only thing UAE (maybe just Emirates in this case) was concerned about, is carrying batteries in the underbelly as it's pressurised. So they want you to carry them in hand luggage instead. Mavic is good to stay under still

Apparently to get a licence nowadays you have to attend a training and pass an exam in UAE, which mean you can't really do that in advance before coming to the country anymore? Moreover online it requires an emirates ID…
Any advise on the current process?
Yes I’m done with test and got the certificate, and registered on the DCAA and GCAA

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PetefromNZ