DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Drones in Holland

vjuyhodxi

Reactions
Does anyone know what the rules are of flying a Mavic in Holland? I'm going there this weekend, but don't want to cause any problems...

TIA

Yes,
Microdrone - less the 1kg (only indoor)
Minidrone - between 1 to 4 kg. You'll need a license. 50m AGL and 100m distance from PIC
Foreign licenses are not excepted
They check and the tickets are high. Be careful

Yes,
Microdrone - less the 1kg (only indoor)
Minidrone - between 1 to 4 kg. You'll need a license. 50m AGL and 100m distance from PIC
Foreign licenses are not excepted
They check and the tickets are high. Be careful

Not true

You can fly your mavic as high as 120mtr and keep it within line of sight.

Obviously dont fly it over houses etc. There's also a big NFZ close to Amsterdam due to Schiphol airport

No you can't. As said, max elevation AGL is 50 meters only and not in cities, waterways etc.... You're Mavic is below 1kg so you can bring it everywhere (wink wink) but you just can't fly it.

No you can't. As said, max elevation AGL is 50 meters only and not in cities, waterways etc.... You're Mavic is below 1kg so you can bring it everywhere (wink wink) but you just can't fly it.

Yes you can, please do not feed him with false information. Amateur flyers can fly their Mavic (which is what we are talking about here) as high as 120 meters (as said, not above urban areas, people etc). Don't talk BS regarding indoor only flying etc.

For commercial drones/flyers (up to 4 kg) there are 50 mtr restrictions, which can be bypassed (to 120mtr) when operator has specific certificates.

Ahhh, that means that without a license, you have more possibilities that with a license???
Good to know although my book says something different

IMG_4078.jpg

Wow, sounds like some horrible drone laws.

Maybe a preview of what is coming to the USA?

The big issue is that in Europe, we have SERA (Standardised European Rules of the Air) and of course ICAO. However, all countries have there own regulation but based on both bodies. But the licenses are not recognised between member states (unlike e.g. your drivers license). same for me, for all countries I want to fly, I need a license. In Belgium, you can fly only on private property and not higher then 10 meters (for a drone less then 1kg).
However, there might be a point for non-commercial operations. Which I doubt. I think the rules are pretty clear

| Global Drone Regulations Database

So, to use Dutch airspace, you need either a license and/or waiver.
And again... flying above a city is prohibited, even with a license (but there are exceptions like in Belgium where you have to apply 10 days before you fly. Like with camera works and/or sport events)

Ahhh, that means that without a license, you have more possibilities that with a license???
Good to know although my book says something different

View attachment 13387

Exactly, that's a manual for commercial flight purposes. Without a license, you are not allowed to make commercial flights :). Commercial flights are more restrictive

Don't talk BS regarding indoor only flying etc.

For commercial drones/flyers (up to 4 kg) there are 50 mtr restrictions, which can be bypassed (to 120mtr) when operator has specific certificates.

Don't mix MicroDrones with MiniDrones. Also here, the rules are very clear

Thanks all; to clarify, I do NOT have a license, but would be flying my Mavic for recreational purposes (not above towns or people or near airfields).

Recently I checked Dutch laws on the site of the Dutch government and for recreational use stay below 120m, out of no fly zone's and away from groups of buildings and poeple. This is also on a lot of other Dutch websites on flying drones. There is a site from the 'Kadaster' with no fly zones (government organisation)

Like some others have said, the rules for recreational (= non-professional)
-max altitude 120m
-not over built up areas
-not over gatherings of people
-not in the nfz's indicated in red in the map below.
-in low level flying areas (indicated in hashed red) you can fly, but a second person needs to scout the area for oncoming air traffic.
-near gliding and other small non traffic controlled airports you may fly if you have permission from the authorities
-don't fly outside of daylight hours
-always have the drone in sight
-special temporary rules may be applicable due to events etc.

Nfz map: Drone no-fly zones | ministerie van Infrastructuur en Milieu

Reactions: vjuyhodxi
I've checked. Holland op zijn smalst. You can fly more free then as a licensed pilot. So, you're good to fly. But due to this ridiculous legislation, the Dutch government is preparing a new law that will change this.
So for now, flying without a license is allowed, 120 meters AGL and VLOS. But it will change (someday)

Reactions: vjuyhodxi
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jordy